Free MMO

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
I can mention Dofus, an online MMO where if you don't subscribe after level twenty, which is the level you get booted out of the starting island, only got a single city to frolic in. And the stuff around it, of course. But even so, there's plenty of things you can do there.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
I20I3 said:
Hey I just thought I might dwell into the deep knowledge base of the escapist, and see what turns up when I mention free MMO
Just some background as to what I?ve played so far.

Ragnarok- The most addicting time wasting game I ever spent to much time on. Fun though, and since I didn?t have anything better to do, it was a nice inexpensive waste of my time:) Its just gotten a little old, might go back once new classes.(I only played free private servers FYI, and pretty much all of them at that.)

WOW- Played it for the free month, and it was fun, but I WONT for the life of me pay monthly for any game. It puts to much stress on me to be playing or feel like my money is being wasted, that and the obvious marketing aspect of them making things take longer.

Fly for fun- This one i really liked, but couldn?t keep friends playing from the obvious look of the game, and they changed it from the one thing I really liked. That being the levelling up of a skill that you use, as you?re using it. Not only does this make sense, but also, it made it so you would get something going up every minute, giving what I found to be a very satisfying sense of progression.

Final Fantasy XI (or w/e one was online)- WAY TO BIG. They seemed to created a huge world, but really i found it to be a huge time hole, it was to big, made walking from anywhere to anywhere a chore, and don?t even think about finding anything, maybe I just didn?t play for long enough, but seeing as I was paying for this time spent doing nothing wandering around I thought it was best to stop.

I have played tons of other ones, but they aren?t worth as much mention. I guess the main thing I want is something where it rewards teamwork, and makes it worth your while to not go it alone. Just something so that it feels like we are doing something together, and less like they are just sapping my exp.

If it helps my favourite multiplayer experience was with Champions of Norath, 1 and 2, with 3 friends all hanging out and playing the whole game in one night pretty much, but having the time of our life?s, running around dungeons, yelling at each other to use the heal bubble thing, waiting for everyone to optimize there equips/skills/spells. Eating unhealthy, and pretty much just not caring about anything outside of eating and gaming. So something with really good teamwork aspect, and hyper addictive would be nice. Thanks in advance
RoB
Pet Society?

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
nathan-dts said:
Enskie said:
nathan-dts said:
Enskie said:
Runescape, it's a pretty basic game, 3D but only just unless they gave it a major overhaul since last time I played (admittedly that was about a year ago). It's free in theory but in practice all the goodies only become accessible when you choose to shell out something approximating $12 a month.
I worry about your sanity.

Dare I ask why?
Because you were playing runescape last year.
I don't see your point...Not serious playing, I started a new account because I needed an MMO to keep me occupied and I knew that Runescape was free. Didn't play for long, a few days, but you don't need to play for long to see the graphics.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Enskie said:
nathan-dts said:
Enskie said:
nathan-dts said:
Enskie said:
Runescape, it's a pretty basic game, 3D but only just unless they gave it a major overhaul since last time I played (admittedly that was about a year ago). It's free in theory but in practice all the goodies only become accessible when you choose to shell out something approximating $12 a month.
I worry about your sanity.

Dare I ask why?
Because you were playing runescape last year.
I don't see your point...Not serious playing, I started a new account because I needed an MMO to keep me occupied and I knew that Runescape was free. Didn't play for long, a few days, but you don't need to play for long to see the graphics.
Sorry, I misinterpreted you. I got the impression you were actually playing it on a daily basis and not just casually.