Jan 9, 2012
Denamic said:
SweetShark said:
Denamic said:
SweetShark said:
Denamic said:
SweetShark said:
Smertnik said:
Tera's f2p model seems very fair as far as I can tell. The game by itself is pretty good, too, as long as you don't mind the braindead WoW-like quest system and the silly female armors.
Or the Furry loli girls inside the game I want to add.
The Elin is the manliest race!
Also, I don't think cat/dog/fox/elephant/whatever ears and a tail is enough for something to be considered furry. It takes more animalistic features like muzzles, or like the name implies, fur. Whatever the case, they're still lolis.
Well, for some people this still is qualified as furry.

From Wikipedia:

"The furry is anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.[1] Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes"

So yeah, furries.
That's a really generous application of what anthropomorphic animal characters are.
I don't think you wanted to write down a full analysis for what a furry could be.
You don't want to get in details I think.
Quite right.
I don't care enough to put any more effort into this.
Indeed, that why Also I found this text in Wikipedia to justify my opinion. I am really lazy tp write a full analysis for this subject.
But I know what do you mean by saying that.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I'm having a lot of fun with Planetside 2.
Sure it has a cash shop, but everything can be unlocked by playing as well, and I've never been dominated by paying players, either.
It's not an RPG, but still a good MMO.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Smertnik said:
Vhite said:
You haven't played WoW for a long time did you? :)
How has the questing changed then? Somehow I'm doubtful that all the 'kill that monster x times' quests have been reworked.
There is several such quests still there, especially in Outland which was made old way they did quests. I think they started getting creative with quests in Wotlk, where they wanted to make daily quests less repetitive so you got there things like jousting and various vehicle based quests. When Cataclysm came, they remade entire Azeroth to this new (end since Wotlk improved) model. This is probably my main reason why Cataclysm replaced BC as my favorite expansion. It's kinda hard to say why are they better expect maybe vague terms like being more original and having better stories but if you want some factual numbers, during Vanilla, BC and Wotlk I made overall 2 max level characters, during Cataclysm I enjoyed new leveling so much I made 4 max level characters in that sole expansion.

And don't get me wrong, if you don't like MMORPGs you aren't going to find there quests like in Oblivion or Bioware games but as far as MMORPG quests go, I think WoW got high above average.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Try Aion mate. It's pretty decent MMO with good pvp and pve stuff. Not that big limitations for free players far far less than in SWTOR. Pretty good graphics too.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Ranorak said:
What?

No love for the amazing Guild Wars 2?
As a long time WoW player I got sick of the combat style of WoW and SWToR.

Guild Wars is a loving change and a wonderful game.
GW2 is not F2P game. It's buy-2-play, you have to buy it to play it. F2P means completely free with no charge to start playing right now.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
If you have an iPad, then Order and Chaos Online is worth a look. It's a lot like WOW, in fact it looks and plays just like an earlier incarnation of WOW. Anyway, it's free and decent, can't really expect much more from a mobile MMORPG.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
I played DDO for a while, and of the F2P MMORPG models I've tried, it's one of the better ones. So I would go with it. If you already know D&D character creation from P&P, you will adjust to DDO's very quickly.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Vindictus: Developed by Nexon. It's not a true MMORPG, but the combat resembles Devil May Cry's and occurs in instanced dungeons. It's a nice mix of Action games, RPG's with a MMO aspect and (imo) has a pretty solid story. It runs on the Source engine and makes very good use of all of its tricks. Graphically it is very up to date, and the art-style is definitely Korean. It's free to download and play, and the things you can buy are mostly limited to xp boosts, dyes, costumes, etc.

If you plan on playing this, make sure you get the downloader for your region i.e. North America [http://vindictus.nexon.net/] or Europe [http://en.vindictus.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx] (or Korea, I guess)

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Arina Love said:
Ranorak said:
What?

GW2 is not F2P game. It's buy-2-play, you have to buy it to play it. F2P means completely free with no charge to start playing right now.
Ah, I stand corrected, I was under the impression it was about the subscription system, my bad.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
JaceArveduin said:
Oh, and on that fact, you do get a few free skirmishes, scaling instance like things to help you level up. And quest's usually don't net you better give gear than what can be crafted until later on, so that's not a problem. As with all MMO's, I'd advise getting a friend to play with you, it's much more fun.
Sadly my one co-op buddy has a Mac for a computer. That might complicate things a bit.

SweetShark said:
Path of Exile for me once again.

In this F2P MMO there is not "Pay-to-Win" method.
The only things they have in the shop is only cosmetics items, abilities and pets that you can have to your adventure.
I like it when they focus on cosmetic stuff for limitations, I'll definitely check it out.

Arina Love said:
Try Aion mate. It's pretty decent MMO with good pvp and pve stuff. Not that big limitations for free players far far less than in SWTOR. Pretty good graphics too.
Thanks, I will. Never heard of it either, it's always nice to surprise yourself beyond the franchises you know.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
I like it when they focus on cosmetic stuff for limitations, I'll definitely check it out.
Also if you have a big amount of cash, the developers can create your own item that YOU can design ^^

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Smertnik said:
Vhite said:
You haven't played WoW for a long time did you? :)
How has the questing changed then? Somehow I'm doubtful that all the 'kill that monster x times' quests have been reworked.
They mostly have, insofar as that's possible.

However if you want an mmo that really doesn't involve killing x amount of y... feel free to invent it yourself.

On a different note, Path of Exile is NOT an mmo. It's a Diablo clone. Yes, you can see a lot of people in towns, but that's immaterial since the actual zones are 100% instanced. Towns are pretty much game lobbies from the online perspective.

It's essentially no different than having a public game in D3. It's not a bad game though.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
SweetShark said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Also if you have a big amount of cash, the developers can create your own item that YOU can design ^^
It's not that I'm trying to be stingy, but I don't own a credit card (never did) and I've never gotten around paying for stuff online. To complicate things further, I'm in Argentina, which doesn't get me far in formularies.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
SweetShark said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's not that I'm trying to be stingy, but I don't own a credit card (never did) and I've never gotten around paying for stuff online. To complicate things further, I'm in Argentina, which doesn't get me far in formularies.
Nah, no problem, neither I would spend 1000 DOLLARS just to design a weapon!!!!
I just saying what you can do in the game.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Sadly my one co-op buddy has a Mac for a computer. That might complicate things a bit.
Not really. While the Turbine MMO's were PC only, when they put them on Steam, the games were also made available for Macs.

The only thing that would hold you back is that Turbine went down yesterday for maintenance and hasn't come back yet. :(

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
SweetShark said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
SweetShark said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wow it literally takes U$1000? Who spends that much on something like that?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
SweetShark said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
SweetShark said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wow it literally takes U$1000? Who spends that much on something like that?
Well.......if someone have a credit card and have a lot of money and don't mind give a big amount for that, yes, a lot of people actually.

Me I am exacly the opposite. I alwasy trying to get games as cheap as possible.

Actually, if I remember right, someone paid 1000 dollars just to create a weapon base the MLP fandom:

Yep, if you are fun of the series, you will understand the references.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Ranorak said:
What?

Not quite true F2P though, since there's the box cost. Same reason TSW can't count, regardless of how you feel about it.

Turbine has the right idea when it comes to F2P, both DDO and LOTRO are erptty good, depending on what you want. If it hadn't gone the way of the dodo for merely being profitable instead of being highly profitable I would have said City of Heroes.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
VladG said:
Yes, you can see a lot of people in towns, but that's immaterial since the actual zones are 100% instanced. Towns are pretty much game lobbies from the online perspective.
Then...you don't count DDO as an MMO either, since it instances all the actual content? Ditto for our old dead friend CoH?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Could anybody recommend some good F2P MMORPGs? Which is the most "generous" F2P MMORPG?
That ridiculously pervy loli-fest TERA has one of the most generous, appealing FTP models out there. They deserve kudos for doing it right.

Schadrach said:
Then...you don't count DDO as an MMO either, since it instances all the actual content? Ditto for our old dead friend CoH?
CoH had plenty of non-instanced content. GW1 and DDO were very much MMOs in name only. MMO-Lite. They were more like Diablo than, say, Everquest or WoW.