Freebie Info - PC Building Simulator [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sometimes these are just kind of weird. Today, for you:

PC Building Simulator

PC Building Simulator will be free at Epic Games Store until October 14th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Games Store.
Build and grow your very own computer repair enterprise as you learn to diagnose, fix and build PCs. With real-world licensed components and comprehensive hardware and software simulation, you can plan and bring your ultimate PC to life.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Next week's freebie(s) at the Epic Game Store will be Paladins Epic Pack & Stubbs The Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse starting October 14th.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Ok, can someone explain this one to me? Is this an edutainment thing? Like, "this gamifies the process of learning how to build/repair PCs. So if you're planning to make your own rig, consider getting your feet wet with this"?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Ok, can someone explain this one to me? Is this an edutainment thing? Like, "this gamifies the process of learning how to build/repair PCs. So if you're planning to make your own rig, consider getting your feet wet with this"?
There's a ton of "simulator" game, like lawn mowing simulator and forklift simulator. I think some people just enjoy game about mundane things, maybe its about gamifiying something you already do. Or maybe its how building gaming PC has become somewhat popular these days with plenty of popular streamer doing it so it's just about being on the bandwagon. Or maybe wish fulfillment, like you get to build your dream PC in the same way that someone playing gran tourismo get to buy his/her dream car.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
yes and no I think. It is a pretty streamlined game in which you put together different levels of computers by clicking and dragging parts to the right places, applying cooling gels, hooking up cables. In theory you could learn a basic grasp of building your own PC, but a lot of the parts and levels of the power of those parts is not very well explained. It's a decent sim and a nice time waster in the same sense as House Flipper will teach you about home remodeling.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I play powerwash simulator without irony and I've been thinking about getting the houseflipper one. There's just something nice about performing simple straightforward tasks without the complicated bullshit of real life sneaking in.
I can't file a fucking report these days without being interrupted by a phonecall and having to talk a guy through the shitty part of reading specifications for fifteen minutes. This stuff lets me escape for a little bit.