Freebie Info - Ratchet & Clank [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Oi, a freebie on console. Those don't happen often. Today, for you:

Ratchet & Clank

Ratchet & Clank will be free on the Playstation Store until March 31st at 20:00 PDT. Mind you, adding it to your library through the link provided above does not seem to work right now, but I did manage to get it with the Playstation Android app. I am assuming that grabbing it at the Store through an actual PS4/5 will also do the trick, but I don't have either, so no way of checking that. Oh, and inb4 someone asks, seems like having a Playstation account is the only requirement, you don't need PS+ or whatever its called now. In fact, you don't even need to own the hardware to run it on.
Ratchet & Clank blasts onto PlayStation®4 for the first time, with a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2™). Ratchet & Clank (PS4™) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay. Featuring several new planets, all-new bosses, new Clank gameplay, new flight sequences, and much more – with completely new visuals constructed to use the power of the PS4.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Oi, a freebie on console. Those don't happen often. Today, for you:
Certainly a no strings attached freebie. I am a bit annoyed i bought the physical game a month ago give or take. Mostly to build up my library than anything.

The game is good though and if you dont have it yet, but you have a playstation then absolutely get this. Free guys, FREE!!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Certainly a no strings attached freebie.
Aye, hence why I've never done stuff like Games with Gold, or PS+ monthly games, or whatnot. That don't count in my book. Making an account or subbing to a newsletter is about the most string I still consider free.

I mean, technically you could argue that having bought the platform to actually play a game on is already a string attached, but here's my suggestion to just get all the way off of my back instead. And this is where you say "ok, let me get off that thing" And I say "Getting off things is tight!"

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Aye, hence why I've never done stuff like Games with Gold, or PS+ monthly games, or whatnot. That don't count in my book. Making an account or subbing to a newsletter is about the most string I still consider free.

I mean, technically you could argue that having bought the platform to actually play a game on is already a string attached, but here's my suggestion to just get all the way off of my back instead. And this is where you say "ok, let me get off that thing" And I say "Getting off things is tight!"
Sadly getting a Ps5 would not be super easy and is quite a sever inconvenience.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sadly getting a Ps5 would not be super easy and is quite a sever inconvenience.
Yup, I mean just forget about the new ones, but getting any console is actually getting kind of hard around here too. Most places only still reliably offer base PS4s. All the others are fairly rare, and usually sold by third party partners at a markup. The only exception is the Switch, all currents models readily available pretty much everywhere. Weird since that kind of has a reputation for being short on stock all the time. Maybe it doesn't sell well in these parts?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I have the physical copy and I think this has already been a PS+ freebie. I have it and played through to the 1st save point. Took about 1/2 hour to get there. For me, that is a lot! But, lot of fun, humor and great visuals getting there.

Pick it up if you don't have it and want it.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Saw it on the front page of PSN Play at Home thing. Is this the same one that was on PS3 back roughly a year after it launched? Played it but never finished it. Already dl’d this reboot (?) for a rainy day.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Saw it on the front page of PSN Play at Home thing. Is this the same one that was on PS3 back roughly a year after it launched? Played it but never finished it. Already dl’d this reboot (?) for a rainy day.
Nah, this one's a reboot of the first Ratchet on PS2. The PS3 one, Tools of Destruction, was kind of a soft reboot, but a different game.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker