French fries, how do you guys eat them?

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Salt, Pepper, Tomato sauce (Ketchup).

And sometimes I'll make a chip butty with cheese, depends how hungry I am.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Usually with one hand a few at a time straight out of the carton on the way home. HA! <.< I usually don't drive, mind you.

If I can settle down in a place, I generally add some ketchup and/or mustard. If I get some other sauces, like tartar sauce, or horse radish sauce I might experiment with them.

I don't blame people for going unusual with fries, but I'm just not the sort to. I mean I'll expermient if it's on the menu, or something.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Many different ways I suppose I guess the more that accompanies them the less I use but as rules if I am just make them as a snack. 1. No bottled ketchup (unless it is wataburger) just make your own sauce damn it. 2 Make a sauce it probably needs something spicy or bacon so get one of those, other than that you have Gravy, Tomato and possibly curry. 3 If you wen tomato no cheese because despite sounding like a good combo just no. 4. Well you are done if you have good fries which mean they are not limp and have a good amount of salt and pepper but search for vegetables to add and fry them if you want to because well you have fry oil so there. 5. plate and eat.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011

I'll usually get poutine if that's an option. Otherwise, I'll put an unhealthy amount of salt on it, sometimes with a splash of vinegar.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
TheRightToArmBears said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Ever since I found this godly sauce...

I have had nothing but that with them!

[sub][sub]As if my love for Dr Pepper wasn't big enough...[/sub][/sub]

Gotta remember to pick up more bottles before I go home.
Why the fuck can't I get this fabulous concoction in the UK? What monster kept it from us?

If I'm eating french fries, then I'm probably at a fast food place so they're already covered in salt and I might put vinegar on them. If I'm eating chips, proper chips, then shitloads of vinegar, maybe gravy or curry sauce if I can be bothered to make/order it. Proper fish & chip shop chips with gravy are pretty much the tits.
Come on now you are on the Escapist we are supposed to be tech nerds just use the internet. I mean I have only found it in Waco (likely because they like bottle DP there and have a museum for it and it is kind of the drink of the university down there) but have yet to find it in other places which are fairly close.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dr%20pepper%20bbq%20sauce&sprefix=Dr+Pepper%2Caps%2C266

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I'm dull and unique.

I dip them in lots of things I find tasty. Ketchup, honey mustard, sweet and sour sauce, ranch dressing or other salad dressing, bbq sauce...

Sometimes plain but usually with stuff on them.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
I'm amazed that nobody has said fry sauce. At which point I would have to abuse them for calling it fry sauce because it is just ketchup and mayo, essentially BURGER SAUCE!

Naw, but seriously, I top it with cheese and bacon bits and dip it in ranch dressing.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Seasoned Salt, crushed/finely grounded black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. The combination is just the way I like my french fries.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I usually eat them with some kind of meat, i don't mind some BBQ sauce but anything else is gross.

I also hate my fries soft/mushy, crunchy all the way.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
90% of the time just with salt.
Occasionally with mayonnaise.
Rare treat with gravy.

Tomato sauce--*not* ketchup--tomato sauce was awesome on steak fries...when I could still eat tomato sauce.
Cheese fries were an amazing treat, indulged in rarely....back when I could eat cheese...(Sad Face)

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Remove most the salt since the restaurant usually cake them with it, let them dry a bit to thicken, and dip them in ranch.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I don't eat french fries, I eat chips.
<spoiler=hot chips>http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mufdcjRv058/TPpzwsLN3iI/AAAAAAAAATY/q2dcken2GE4/s1600/IMG_6353.JPG
<spoiler=chips in a bag>http://www.auswise.com.au/img/Product/2926/1150/PDA/ThinsLiteTangyChips175g.jpg
The best bagged chips I've ever had where meat pie and sauce flavour, and I always have hot chips with vinegar, flake and pickled onions.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Being the philistine that I am, I tend to give them away. Usually to my nephews. There are much tastier fried foods out there, and my cholesterol is high enough (it's just barely in the high-normal range. That's enough to make me change my diet).

...on the off chance that they're the only thing available to eat, I take 'em the way I take my whiskey. Straight.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Depends on the fry. Crinkle fries are good with ketchup. Shoelace fries are good with a little salt and pepper. Steak fries are great for soaking up the grease from steaks and sandwiches.

All I ask is they cook 'em well done. I like the occasional floppy fry, but they gotta be hot.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I eat them as a topping on my burgers, with hotsauce, with ketchup, with ketchup and hotsauce mixed, with BBQ sauce, with brown gravy, with white gravy, with salt and pepper, with vinegar, dipped in soft chocolate ice cream (a Frostie), with cajun seasoning, dipped in potato soup, dipped in tomato soup, on a plane, in a train, in the rain, while in pain, standing in Spain...

A better question perhaps is how DON'T I eat french fries?