French Gaming Mag Confirms Prey Sequel [UPDATED]

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
Did i mention that this game will have an open world for the player to explore and not a series of linear corridors like the original? Did i mention that the main character is a generic white male instead of good old Tommy?

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
The only people who liked the first game must not be very good at video games, because it was so easy that it became tedious to play very quickly. Games should have at least some sort of perceived challenge, otherwise what's the point?

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
marioman360 said:
I really hope I'm not the only one excited for this.
I may not be excited, but I suppose that I'm really looking forward to renting it.

If nothing else the original certainly left an impression, what with being abducted while Blue Oyster Cult serenades in the background.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Wow... this is crazy-awesome news... I can't wait for this! I really got a kick out of the original, and it was one of the few FPS's I played that I have enjoyed. Was this 3D realms though? If it was, I hope SOME of the people who were involved in the original creative process are in on it, because they had some fun ideas.

EDIT:
Mr.Amakir said:
Did i mention that this game will have an open world for the player to explore and not a series of linear corridors like the original? Did i mention that the main character is a generic white male instead of good old Tommy?
erm. On second thought. Hmm. We'll see, I guess.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Never played Prey, but the gameplay looked interesting (through the graphics horrid), so might give Prey 2 a go.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Hopefully this time they can deliver a finished game. Prey had some interesting ideas and a pretty good sense of atmosphere, but it also had some very cut-and-paste design and some clearly rushed storyline ("And now, you must complete the trials of- whoops, never mind, here's a health boost, go beat the boss.")

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
Prey both sucked and rocked at the dame time, in that the gameplay sucked ass, but the story and turn of events made me feel like I was playing a conspiracy nuts acid trip. Fun to experience on the first run, not worth visiting again.

Will have to wait and see what the future holds for this sequel...

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Prey was a fantasic game, and I'm glad to hear about it.

I hope the sequel is just as totally fucking off the wall insane (literally, with all the gravity shifting) as the first one was.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
marioman360 said:
I wouldn't say excited so much as I'm interested to see what could come of this, the first one was....ok I guess. Here's to hoping that this one will be good.

Kraj

Jan 21, 2008
I hope their ingenuity shines again. I thoroughly enjoyed prey, enough that I don't remember what I didn't like... which is better than most games I play.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
marioman360 said:
There's at least two of us. Prey was criminally overlooked and underrated, and it truly deserves a sequel.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I have the first game, but I was unable to play it due to some massive graphical problems with my pc. Shame really, I really wanted to play it. Maybe once I get a new pc (if that ever happens).

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I am interested..

Recall getting Prey for ~$10 and be amazed by it...

Brutal Gore

Vaginal Monster Spawners

Wall Walking

Eyeball Attaching Rifle...

Oh how I do miss thee

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
YES! Justice in an unjust world, at long last! The most mental, mindwarping, unique shooter ever is back! Honestly, that intro, being sucked into an alien craft while "don't fear the reaper" plays in the background, has to be one of the most memorable openings ever.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
I really liked Prey. It was like someone took 90's FPS mechanics and dumped them into a state-of-the-art engine with great art design and trippy gravity effects. Which is fine by me, I kind of miss the old Quake style games.