Friendliest Game Store Employee You've Met?

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
This one lady worked at Gamestop in a nearby town that was just the sweetest, kindest person I've ever met. But then she left...

And came to a new privately owned store in my town. Now whenever I need a game, I just go in, talk to her for a bit, and enjoy my life.

I swear, if she was a few years younger, I'd marry her.

Gurk

Sep 7, 2010
Some lad at GAME in Morayfield, QLD AUS.
I had just traded in all of my PS3 games and I had about $500 worth of store credit to spend that day. He helped me for about an hour picking out the sorts of games he thought I'd enjoy, and he was spot on with all of them.

He was a lovely guy, he asked if I had a boyfriend just before I left.
I did at the time. Now that I'm single of course he's not working there anymore. >.>

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I don't really talk to the people at my local EB much, seeing as I only really go there to buy more games, but they're all nice. And the people at the Gametraders I hit up once were friendly as well.

hverhey

Feb 6, 2011
I'd have to say a Gamestop employee who just kept talking with me when I got Deadrising 2, and some how I ended up playing Co-op with them later.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
long ago, I played the Overlord demo and desired it.

I went to my local 'Game, PLC' store and they didn't have it on release day.
But the kind guy behind the counter dug deep into his heart, then deeper into the store room, removing a scuffed copy of the game that had fallen behind a shelf.

*DING*, I owned a copy of Overlord, minus the staff discount that he gave me because it was damaged.

Then he sucked me off.....jokes.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Back before Game Crazy closed a bunch of locations, I knew most of the guys by their first names and they knew me by mine(or as "my NRA friend") at the store I went to. All of em were cool and we were able to chat and share info on games, guns, books, whatever(if they weren't too busy I wouldn't inconvenience other costumers).

Now I go to a GameStop and they are nice and all but it's not the same :(

qwertyzxy27

Nov 25, 2009
This Girl Kaylee at my gamestop is AWESOME shes super funny and always willing to chat. I felt so bad today cause i lost my receipt before i could fill out the survey D:

jacx

Feb 20, 2010
the guys(and gals) over at the local game stop are always friendly and helpful. however the friendliest was at a play 'n' trade when i went to go buy GoW 2 they where having a tournament and let me join in to see if i liked the game before i bought it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
All of the employees at the Gamestop I shop at are all friendly to me. Whenever I step in there I usually end up talking to them about different games for about 5-10 minutes.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
There was a lovely employee at Game last time I went there. I went to buy Alpha Protocol (the last copy they had), but because of a shitty little invention known as age restrictions, I had to wait for my mum's boyfriend to arrive to pick me up before I could get it, and so I asked him to put it on the side for me so that no-one buys it before me before he arrived.
He arrived a little while later, we returned to Game, I went to claim my prize, and the son of a ***** had sold my Alpha Protocol to someone else.
In it's place I bought Halo Wars and Kingdom Under Fire: Circles of Doom because that's all that was left that I could afford that I didn't already have.
Neither of which are very good games.
I was indeed being sarcastic about him being lovely.

Son of a *****.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Every guy at Airsoft GI. It's an airsoft place in Walnut, CA. They're probably the most helpful, nicest employees I've ever met. Then again, they do kinda know me so I'm not just some faceless customer...

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Anyone from the downstairs Gamestop at Columbia. They're so awesome, even they realize how their business model is harmful to the industry!

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
The short, nekomimi-clad teenage girl with bracers which works at my usual gamestop and has a bad habit of letting her coworkers pick her up and hold her upside down would definitely be that.

First time I went there I was sure there was either going to be crying or violence occurring.