From a scale of 1 to 10, how is my top ten games of all time?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Most of those games I have never played before, but of the games I have played on that list, they are all great. I would give your list a 4-5 out of 10, based purely on the games I have played on that list.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
DustyDrB said:
I give you a 10, because no one can tell you that your favorite games are wrong.
Precisely what I was going to post. I can spend all day telling you how I didn't like a game on your list, but that doesn't change the fact that you still like the game.

Mikko Laurinen

Jun 16, 2011
Agreeing with the 'your opinion about your favorite can't be wrong' stance, buuut taking off a point since Pokemon IS a JRPG. lol So you WERE wrong about only liking one game of the genre. :p

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
A 3. You mention the original pokemon and Tales of symphonia which I give you a 10 for regardless of everything else.....and then you said Halo....

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I'm gonna give you a 4, one point for each good game on that list.

AzureZero

Feb 6, 2011
I don't think any of these games are in my top 10. A few really high ones on my list though like Tales of Symphonia, Sonic Adventure 2 and Super smash Brothers Melee. I don't know if I can rate it with a number but I guess if I had a gun to my head it would have to be about a 5.

Not because they are poor choices of game, but because most of them were just good games. Not anything I'd put in a top 10 greatest games. But everyone has a different experience with the games I guess. Like I have Hitman: blood money easily in my top 5 but I'm sure few would agree.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Meh, i'm personally not a fan of The Legend of Zelda. I hate those games.

BUT! You also included Alan Wake so that gets you some serious points.

Gonna have to go with a 7 :D

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
2, very generic. I don't feel there was must discussion to this, more so you just wanting to say your top 10 games

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
0/10

Because none of the games you mentioned would be in my own list.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I don't like dismantling the opinion of others, so I won't rate your list, but I will give you a few comments.

Super Smash Bros Melee is a particularly enjoyable fighting game and a great sequel to the original, and I was glad to see it on your list. Having said that though I wouldn't put it in my top 10.
Your inclusion of two of the early Pokemon "RPGs" is good to see as it's a classic series and I find it quite nostalgic, oh, and it holds up pretty well today.

Jerubbaal

Jul 22, 2011
I'm going to give it a 5/10, because only 5 of these even possibly deserve to be on there: Pokemon, the two Zeldas, Super Smash, and maybe Tales.

This isn't to say that the games you picked are bad, but they are hardly the best of their kind. The Halo series is an excellent set of FPS games, but anyone who would put them on this list clearly has little to no experience with PC FPSes.

Where's Deus Ex, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, or Half-Life 2? All of these games do everything that Halo does, and much more. And some of them (Deus Ex and Half-Life) have amazing stories to boot.

In fact, it's really just the fact that there isn't a single PC game on there shows that you don't have a broad enough experience with games to make such a list. Also, with the exception of Pokemon and Zelda, all of your selections are from the GC/PS2/XBOX era or later. If we're going for best games of all time I would expect some more to be older games, and not necessarily the big name franchises like Zelda and Pokemon. But really, my main issue is that this is a console-only list.

EDIT: This:

Darknacht said:
It looks like you have not played many games and your 15.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
No offense, but personally I'd give you a 2. And that's just for Ocarina of Time. It just isn't my taste, but if you're happy with your choices, why care what others think?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
No Devil May Cry 3?

No God of War?

No Shadow of the Colossus?

No Megaten games?

.....Interesting.

AzureZero

Feb 6, 2011
Jerubbaal said:
I'm going to give it a 5/10, because only 5 of these even possibly deserve to be on there: Pokemon, the two Zeldas, Super Smash, and maybe Tales.

This isn't to say that the games you picked are bad, but they are hardly the best of their kind. The Halo series is an excellent set of FPS games, but anyone who would put them on this list clearly has little to no experience with PC FPSes.

Where's Deus Ex, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, or Half-Life 2? All of these games do everything that Halo does, and much more. And some of them (Deus Ex and Half-Life) have amazing stories to boot.

In fact, it's really just the fact that there isn't a single PC game on there shows that you don't have a broad enough experience with games to make such a list. Also, with the exception of Pokemon and Zelda, all of your selections are from the GC/PS2/XBOX era or later. If we're going for best games of all time I would expect some more to be older games, and not necessarily the big name franchises like Zelda and Pokemon. But really, my main issue is that this is a console-only list.
I think if your truly going after best games of all time it doesn't matter if they are old are new. You have to really avoid the nostalgia glasses. You can't just say all the old games are the best. Great games are created all the time and having an unbias view of new or old games is the only way to really route out what is the best game. If they happen to come from a certain generation, or mostly from later generation there is nothing wrong with that.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Pretty good list, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Well apart from the fact that you have the wrong Pokémon games on the list but that's about it. [The Generation I remakes Fire Red & Leaf Green are more playable versions of RB]

Everyone will have a different list of games that they love.

If you haven't played Okami I would recommend that you try it out.