From Japan, With Love: Pokemon Lingerie Line Announced

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Hehe I wonder what ran through the marketing department of Nintendo when they thought of this idea.

"How do we celebrate a 20th anniversary?"
"Well... our oldest Pokemon fans have grown up."

I appreciate being catered to, even if it's in a strange way.

--------------------------

Raioken18 said:
Here is how it should be done. Even a toned down version of this Umbreon outfit = actually sexy.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/pokemon.jpg
That's.... gorgeous. I have some costume ideas now. Thank you for sharing.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i only looked at one thing. thats ehm, the underwear...why should i look at these hot japanese ladies?

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
Yeah, this is pretty disappointing stuff. At the very least they could have done something good with color, there are plenty of pokemon with awesome colors that would have worked great for sexy lingerie. I mean, they could have at least gone for a Gardevoir colored babydoll or something. Or if their intention is, as it appears, silly and funny they could have at least gone for the pokeball bra.

This is just underwear with Pikachu pasted all over it. An astounding lack of creativity when you got a license like pokemon to work with.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
A bit of a wrong title there isn't it. It's clearly not pokemon themed lingerie, but Pikachu themed lingerie.
MarsAtlas said:
No Gardevoir? Then they obviously puthe minimal possible effort into it. Thats the Pokemon that everybody wants fuck besides Machoke.
Also Lopunny, which is probably even easier to pull off.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Devieus said:
A bit of a wrong title there isn't it. It's clearly not pokemon themed lingerie, but Pikachu themed lingerie.
MarsAtlas said:
No Gardevoir? Then they obviously puthe minimal possible effort into it. Thats the Pokemon that everybody wants fuck besides Machoke.
See even Gardevoir and Lopunny are lazy, the transferral from those feminine form pokemon doesn't quite work IRL. You'd get way better looking pokemon choosing based on the actual design themes. Off the top of my head:

Umbreon, nice sheer black lines with gold trim and oval framing.

Hydregion, purple fur scarf, built in vertical lines, nice colouring.

Absol, white fir scarf, black trim. Asymmetrical, maybe a single long black glove.

Altaria, more of a puffy design with that nice blue trim or body.

If you want more of a jeweled look Starmie and Staryu could make pretty good themes.

Venomoth, nice colour for lingerie, ruffled bottoms and a big see through scarf with the wing patterns.

Lucario could pretty easily be themed for a corset, I would probably change the colour pallet around a bit though.

See, it's not even that hard or creative, you just de-construct it into basic elements then try to figure out what items would work well with them. Even with Pikachu they could have done a lot more by being subtle. But maybe that subtleness is just a western thing...

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Raioken18 said:
This had so much potential. We saw Mega Charizard X and Y cosplayers at PAX and they looked sexy as hell. If a home made costume can beat a professional lingerie line, they are in trouble.

The thing that bothers me most is Pikachu's childish design in that format reeks of paedophilia.

The coat is probably the thing I have the most problem with. Simplistic childish design. The Pikachu Underwear, at least looks like an adult would wear it. The rest just looks like normal PJ's, which is also weird because you can get a lot of pokemon PJ stuff for adults anyway... and much much cheaper.

Here is how it should be done. Even a toned down version of this Umbreon outfit = actually sexy.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/pokemon.jpg
Man, if I knew nothing about Pokemon that would still be gorgeous. It's got this wonderful themepark mystic quality to it. Also is that Jessica Nigri?

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Man, if I knew nothing about Pokemon that would still be gorgeous. It's got this wonderful themepark mystic quality to it. Also is that Jessica Nigri?
Yeah it's her, amazing cosplayer, makes almost anything sexy. But I really do think that would make awesome lingerie, where as some other pokemon would only work for her. i.e.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12244682_10154036082557533_2913983913300887174_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
Raioken18 said:
Devieus said:
MarsAtlas said:
See even Gardevoir and Lopunny are lazy, the transferral from those feminine form pokemon doesn't quite work IRL. You'd get way better looking pokemon choosing based on the actual design themes. Off the top of my head:

Absol, white fir scarf, black trim. Asymmetrical, maybe a single long black glove.

If you want more of a jeweled look Starmie and Staryu could make pretty good themes.

Venomoth, nice colour for lingerie, ruffled bottoms and a big see through scarf with the wing patterns.

Lucario could pretty easily be themed for a corset, I would probably change the colour pallet around a bit though.

See, it's not even that hard or creative, you just de-construct it into basic elements then try to figure out what items would work well with them. Even with Pikachu they could have done a lot more by being subtle. But maybe that subtleness is just a western thing...
For the Gardevoir babydoll I was thinking the bra part could be the green of her upper body with a red bow in the center and the drape part being long, flowing white.

I don't actually think the Lopunny would work very well. I mean, the obvious thing to do with it is to create a bunny girl outfit, but it is not a great color combination for that.

I think you are thinking exactly along the correct lines though.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
ThatOtherGirl said:
For the Gardevoir babydoll I was thinking the bra part could be the green of her upper body with a red bow in the center and the drape part being long, flowing white.

I don't actually think the Lopunny would work very well. I mean, the obvious thing to do with it is to create a bunny girl outfit, but it is not a great color combination for that.

I was thinking something along these lines... Also, yeah Gardevoir would totally work that way.

[http://imgur.com/zjZ8uvr]

Gardevoir, Absol, Venomoth, Hydreigon and Chandelure.

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
Raioken18 said:
ThatOtherGirl said:

I was thinking something along these lines... Also, yeah Gardevoir would totally work that way.

[http://imgur.com/zjZ8uvr]

Gardevoir, Absol, Venomoth, Hydreigon and Chandelure.
Yeah, that is what I am talking about. Good use of color, sexy, and fun. That's the sort of lingerie I would wear. I especially like the touch of the fishnets on the gardevoir set.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Raioken18 said:
Devieus said:
MarsAtlas said:

That's stepping out of the boundaries of 1:1 translation of outfit vs source material, that is drawing inspiration from things, cherry-picking individual elements to tack onto a dress or a shirt.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Devieus said:
That's stepping out of the boundaries of 1:1 translation of outfit vs source material, that is drawing inspiration from things, cherry-picking individual elements to tack onto a dress or a shirt.
That's why it's Pokemon "inspired" lingerie and not straight cosplay.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, god damn it, Japan... This is already a fad out of control. Just...why? I will now quote Monsters Inc.

"Stop it! You're making it worse!"

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i still associate pokemon with babysitting my friends 10yo's so this kinda creeps me out