Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
From the Binder - Jinxed Choker

Dust off your trade binder.

Read Full Article

Javarino

Mar 15, 2010
This sounds like a great idea for more articles. I love the challenge of picking a bulk rare and trying your damndest to make it work. Bonus points for combining multiples!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I'd run a variation of hot potato, using cards like Doubling Season and Gilder Bairn to really ratchet up the counters. I'd also use Pariah Shield with something indestructible to negate some damage. Eventually it would end with Furnace of Rath and Stuffy Doll to ensure maximum damage. I might also use Gisela to modify the damage, and cards like Sun Droplet and Consume Spirit to ensure that I survive long enough to enjoy death by Jinxed Choker. Combining Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth with Corrupt and Tendrils of Corruption for extra life gain would also help.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
When did they change that particular rule in multiplayer? It used to be that when you lost, all your stuff went away, all your triggers were removed from the stack, and then anything left under your control was exiled. So they'd get a Mind Controlled creature back but not one from Bribery. The latter ruling would also apply to this card, as it's a control changing effect not contingent upon another permanent and with no stated duration.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
ccggenius12 said:
When did they change that particular rule in multiplayer? It used to be that when you lost, all your stuff went away, all your triggers were removed from the stack, and then anything left under your control was exiled. So they'd get a Mind Controlled creature back but not one from Bribery. The latter ruling would also apply to this card, as it's a control changing effect not contingent upon another permanent and with no stated duration.
The rule hasn't changed, there's just a subtle difference. [mtg_card=Jinxed Choker] and [mtg_card=Mind Control] are change-of-control effects. Where as [mtg_card=Bribery] never initially changed the controller. So when then rule check and gives everything back the [mtg_card=Bribery]'d creature is still controlled by the player leaving the game and is thus also exiled.

800.4a. When a player leaves the game, all objects (see rule 109) owned by that player leave the game, all spells and abilities controlled by that player on the stack cease to exist, and any change-of-control effects which give that player control of any objects end. Then, if there are any objects still controlled by that player, those objects are exiled. This is not a state-based action. It happens as soon as the player leaves the game. If the player who left the game had priority at the time he or she left, priority passes to the next player in turn order who's still in the game.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Jeeze, maybe it's for the best I let my judge certification lapse, I've been flubbing a lot of rulings lately... Being out of practice sucks. Still upset I didn't get the land mailing though...

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
ccggenius12 said:
Jeeze, maybe it's for the best I let my judge certification lapse, I've been flubbing a lot of rulings lately... Being out of practice sucks. Still upset I didn't get the land mailing though...
Heh, I got certified like a literal week after the cut-off and didn't even know about the land pack at the time.

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
My favorite Junk Rare has got to be Decimator Web. It's simple, it's slow, and does what it says! What more can you want from that!

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Slycne said:
Heh, I got certified like a literal week after the cut-off and didn't even know about the land pack at the time.
The funny thing is, I qualified. Confirmed it with customer service and everything. Its just that, for whatever reason, I was dropped from the first mailing, and the backup mailing. This happened with the old Player Rewards Program a few times too. I think their infrastructure just can't handle these kind of mass mailings and, cost aside, is probably the main reason they axed the Player Rewards Program. But hey, now we have things like the Helvault, and spindown dice at every pre-release, and that TOTALLY makes up for it /sarcasm
Either that or someone's stealing my mail, though if that was the case, I don't see why Wizards wouldn't tell me they'd sent it...

sky_rider19 said:
My favorite Junk Rare has got to be Decimator Web. It's simple, it's slow, and does what it says! What more can you want from that!
My vote goes to Sorrow's Path. I have dreams of getting my opponent under a 'slaver lock for the express purpose of having them kill themselves with a Donated, Urborg-enabled crap rare.