From Yeah! to Meh...

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
A game called Backbreaker (American Football game, with the euphoria engine, every tackle was different, i was so excited for it, but then i found out it was released a month later in UK than it was in America, my anticipation started decreasing, and when it came out, i got it, and was bored after about a day....

it would be cool if Madden used the Euphoria Engine, i would defo buy that

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Four words: Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Still play it from time to time but it's never lived up to how good it could have been.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Just Cause 2. Oddly enough, when I first started playing it, I was "meh". I then proceeded to dump ten hours into and I started to really enjoy it. After about twenty five hours, I fell in love and found it to be one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. However, after about sixty five with being nowhere near scratching the surface of the game and everything already becoming too repetitive, I went back to being "meh". I haven't touched the game since.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Mass Effect 2. When I first got it I was all like "yeah this is awesome, it may even be better than the first." And I defended it madly on these very forums.

Now, well it's not a bad game, but I don't think it can compare to the first. The main draw for Mass Effect 1, for me, was the story. The second game has an inferior story when compared to the first.

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
Grabbin Keelz said:
Ok ok, Minecraft. Me and some friends had this server up and we had all these great projects we wanted to work on and stuff, but a week later everyone just kinda stopped coming to the server......it was kinda depressing.
Exact same story, got mad into it for a week. Spent all day in work reading about it. Built a giant pyramid. Got bored after it was done, haven't played since.

mastiffchild

May 27, 2010
Fallout3. I was a massve fan of the first two games like TES games and thought Bethesda were going to make this the most incredible FPS/RPG mash up of all time AND with one of my favourite series and that they'd have learned from TES4 how to kill all the bugs that plagued that game.

I watched every snippet of info,every gameplay vid for about a year leading up to release getting more and more convinced it was going to be THE game for me.

Then it arrived and i found ALL the bugs and glitches i'd hoped wouldn't be there and that the FP shooting was plain broken and VATS just makes up it's percentages and is a pretty cheap mechanic all round. Also, the game lost nearly all the atmosphere and humour the original games managed to shoehorn in and I've never been as disappointed with a game before or since. Despite everyone else thinking god made i esp. for them!

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
Sadly, L.A. Noire, investigations are becoming more and more frustrating and I am losing interest in it pretty fast.
Gonna start playing again in hope it gets his grip on me again.

standokan

May 28, 2009
I ALWAYS have this when replaying games, at first I get this feeling of really wanting to play it, and when I actually do it becomes more meh.

also, tv commercials

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
School
3DS
Google Wave
MacBook Pro (back to Windows after 3 months, I think wallet has forgiven me now)
PS3 Trophies
Minecraft
LittleBigPlanet 2
Thousands of songs

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Borderlands. Absolutely foaming at the mouth when I brought it home, but as the levels passed I fell into a state of comatose boredom. By level 25 I wound up hating it, just pitiful samey nonsense.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Bioshock 2, After playing the first i was hyped and stunned by how amazing it was (I'm not a PC gamer) and then came Bioshock 2... Disappointing story and seriously I just wanted to smash Sofia Lamb's face in with a fire extinguisher after all her brabbling in that... frustrating tone! AAAARRGH