Fruiternal Instincts

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
The Facebook replies state "Fruit with Peril". My initial reaction was "Fraught with Pear".

If you examine the baby pear in this comic, you will note certain visual dissimilarities between it and the larger pear breaking through the tree line. While the larger pear is clearly acting out the protective role of a loving adult figure in the young pear's life, I doubt it is the fabled Mother Pear. It's probably just the Au Pear.
You traveled a respectable distance to make that pun. Your journey is appreciated.
If you were here right now I would take you out for an au pear with some au jus on the side,
then we could go get a hamburger.

That LOLWUT Pear AKA "The Biting Pear of Salamanca" needs to get off the internet and get back home
to take care of his babies before they have all gone to that brown paper bag in the sky.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Nick Lerman said:
You traveled a respectable distance to make that pun. Your journey is appreciated.
History will decide. She is a fickle mistress.
Nick Lerman said:
If you were here right now I would take you out for an au pear with some au jus on the side, then we could go get a hamburger.
I just had a ham and pear flashback. I have thrice eaten a dish called "Peras Serranas". It was a split and hollowed pear, carmelized and sweetly glazed on the severed face, and topped with lightly grilled black forest ham. The dissonant flavors of sweet and savory blended symbiotically on my tongue. I have to assume the restaurant was magically warded against attacks from both Crashing Boars and Mother Pears. But the owners lacked the foresight to protect the establishment against (and it was eventually trampled by) a Killer Tiramisu. Capriccio's, you will be missed.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I heard that when confronted by a big threatening pear you should start running downhill, because pears have a problem running down after you apparently, I assume they tumble and start rolling.

Is this true, or is it just a myth?

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
...I love these. Although I'm not exactly sure why.

Captcha: Dare I say sellout?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I bet Emo-pear wishes he had a mom like that.

<youtube=_wb-7vPMfZw>

I get the word play. Mama Pear. hehe. These comics are charming, and mysterious.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Thank you for this public service announcement warning us of the dangers of pears.

People should be aware because they can apear out of nopear.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Nick Lerman said:
CleverCover said:
'sendshugs'
Hugs received and appreciated!

It is probably hard for you guys to figure out where I'm coming from.
I regularly have trouble myself.
I often like to make comics that enable the viewer to fill in the sensical gaps with their own narrative.
The how, what and why can be what you make it and in that process I hope that you make it funnier on a personal level.
Sometimes this process fails.
When it does I just draw clowns or parody something from my youth.

I have been protecting you from the clowns but I can't hold them back for much longer.
I'm so glad for this type of art. It's the only kind I can appreciate, when I can make up a story to fit with what I see. It's why like Picasso or a lot of modern art can never get through to me.

Actually, now you made me curious. I really shouldn't but maybe you can let the clowns trickle through...just as an experience.

Captcha: we like the moon. I do! Especially the man that always looks down from it. He's nice.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
You must never fear a pear unless your fear comes in pairs
When your scares come from pears
You'll ruin your pairs of underwears.

A mother pear will never care
Until you take one of her pears
And if you decide to take a pair
A double amount wrath will be more than fair.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
"If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself.
If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution.
All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience."
-Chairman Mao Zedong

I am still unclear how a giant mother pear would fit into his revolutionary socio-political theories
other than to crush his enemies and feed the people... well, that's about it.