"Fuck this" moments

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Mass Effect. I have to somehow disable four hidden bombs while being shot by overpowered enemies? I have no clue how the hell I'm supposed to do this. I die in two hits. The shooting mechanics suck, but its more a shooter than an RPG.

I'll have to take another stab at it today, but my god is this annoying.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
For me it's playing Modern Warfare 2 without my friends. That game is barely fun anymore. I usually play Battlefield Bad Company 2 instead.

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
Gothic 2, the entire game. 10 hours are spent just grinding and leveling till you can even visualize starting the main quest... 10 hours.
not that it's a bad game or anything... it's just irritatingly slow.
you might even be able to do this one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5g7ig-25t4

SpaceCop

Feb 14, 2010
Azazel, the last stage of Tekken 6. He has a plethora of powerful combos with ridiculous reach, and he can perform them while blocking your moves. His moveset is an unholy union of the worst of Jinpachi Mishima and True Ogre. He can fly, shoot lasers, shoot bugs, he has a paralyze attack, and his programming has left him no qualms about cheesing the ground-spikes move over and over again. Namco; it's bad game design if players have to ignore a sprawling, intricate movelist to spam one-two punches against the final boss.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
GreatVladmir said:
CoD4, the fucking TV Station lobby on hardest setting, "Fuck this" is the mildest thing that comes to mind about that bloody level.
Pretty much this ^
[SUB]God how I hate that level.[/SUB]

And then we've got the level in Jak 3 where you need to shoot those big Dark Eco monsters near the end of the game. I hate that part of the game, everything else is brilliant.
<youtube=rm2Qm37ykxU>

And people who talk in mic's in online play. /rage.
There's a lot more than those I've mentioned now.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
Hands down, the final mission on Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader for the Gamecube

Cartman2nd

May 19, 2009
Whenever I play MW2. SP? You die in fucking HORRIBLE levels, designed to fuck you over or bore you to death. MP? Fucking glitches that apparently take 2 months of IW's precious hooker-and-drugs time to fix.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Hmm. I know there have been instances, but I can't remember any right now. COD: WAW made me quit going through on the hardest difficulty level though, because it got to a point where I couldn't fend off fifty grenades at once.

Darth Caelum said:
Mass Effect 2 Difficulty Level. I swear, anyone who beat that game on Insane is a God and must be bowed to.
Do it! Do it! BOW TO ME!

It's not actually too hard for the most part. There are a few instances where it litterally just spanks you, constantly. (floating Collector panels anyone? Wait, why is that one glowin--? ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.)

deth2munkies said:
Two words: Sniper Rifle. It makes Insane not all that difficult.
Widow Anti-Material Rifle + Adrenaline Rush + Fully Upgraded Sniper Rifle Stats + Legion With Widow Anti-Material Rifle = Insane Complete

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
When I was very young many ps2 games had this effect on me. Star Wars 3 the official game when I had only had the ps2 for three months, I couldn't beat the level where you fight general grievous. The level was broken into 4 stages, first 100 and something tries I couldn't reach the last stage.
But it wasn't fair because you are obiwan and grievous has:

4 lightsabers
The ability to block the force?
Higher damage than you do
faster sprinting than you do
More health than you do.

For a game that bases itself around its 1 v 1 boss duels that is pretty damn unfair. But After 13 hours of playing I won and somehow got the max XP.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Defending the ferris wheel in Call of Duty 4 on anything higher than Recruit, although instead of quitting, I usually just enable the slow-mo cheat(I want those dirty Commies to pay for my frustration, after all). Fighting those two gunships outside of Nova Prospekt in Half-Life 2 on anything higher than Easy is a straighter example; I usually just skip to the next chapter. One of the few times I didn't skip that fight, it ended with me having literally two points of health left.

Mr Snuffles

Owner of Mister Toast
Apr 15, 2009
wooty said:
Napoleon Total Tar:- the fact that the enemies cannons seem to have pinpoint devastation on my men, whereas my artillery has the accuracy of trying to piss into a shot glass during a hurricane.

Just Cause 2:- IS IT NECCESSARY FOR THIS MANY HELICOPTERS???!! Honestly, Ive had 6 on me at once at one point, is there any need for that level of overkill?
Ahh it's not too bad

1) You have a planet sized health bar
2) You just hijack one and spray the rest with miniguns, soon as your helicopter suspiciously gains more health than it did when you got in it!

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Rednog said:
L4D2's Realism Mode pretty much made me quit the game. A mode that has a decent idea of making the game mode follow the classic zombie horror theme. But some of the levels are just terrible for it, and even some of the more do-able levels have a section that is so incredibly long that you end up running out of ammo/health early on and the AI seems to do nothing but constantly punish you. And its not the special infect, nor a tank or a witch that ends up being your death, instead it is always a random common zombie that spawns somewhere behind and sneaks up on the ground and just bashes every one's heads in.

Edit: I'm talking about Realism Expert mode.
If I want expertly hard realistic zombies I make a damn zombie virus and release it on the world. If I want to shoot zombies on a screen with no regrets I play L4D2

_Russell_

Jan 5, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
every FF boss in XIII with over a million health. It takes the piss, seriously...
This, a thousand times this. >.<

Also: Mirror's Edge *angry twitch*

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It took me a few tries to get past the truck coming at you from RE5, which was pretty frustrating. But then, when I was playing BC2, after a bunch of long firefights, I jump down a ledge and another flaming trick comes at me. It took me a long time to realize all I had to do was shoot it. The next time I get hit by a truck I am going to kill myself.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
mechanixis said:
Fucking Prototype. The boss battles in that game rapidly get straight-up ridiculous, the final one in particular. He spends most of the time invincible and just wails on you with undodgeable attacks. It's all you can do to run around the stage eating people to keep your health up, and then they slap a time limit on top of it all so not even that works.
You've got to be kidding me. The final boss was a lot easier than the one with giant tentacles and you must defeat them all, while dodging hits waiting for the invulnerability to wear off.

Last time I had a "fuck this" moment?

Persona 3's last boss
To anyone who haven't played it - Boss has 14 phases, starting out doing nothing, then every turn changing his abilities and resists/drains/nulls. Every turn you must change your allies' Tactics to make sure they won't waste time attacking an enemy and by an accident healing him, changing your Persona to a different one that can Resist the enemy's attack AND still manage to damage him... While each form has only 1k or so, 13 of them make up for a total of 13k health. The last one, the Death Form, is the most assholish of all bosses I've ever seen. This is what happens:

1. Besides being able to attack twice a turn (he does it every other form, too...), he can get 3 attacks if he exploits your teammate's weakness. And since there is no way you can have a full team with no weaknesses... He does it often.
2. He is Strong against everything you throw at him (except for Almighty spells, but they either auto-miss or, like Megido/la/laon, they cost a lot more SP than it's worth using on a single enemy), so every attack deals 30-40 damage at best, and you can't lower his resistance in any way.
3. He can use about 90% of the skills in the game except for Fusion spells and healing spells. Meaning that you can't really protect yourself against his assault. Oh, and he loves using party-wide instant-kill spells. If you are really unlucky, you might lose your whole team except for yourself in 1 round.
4. He LOVES using his special skill, a barrier that reflects every single type of damage back onto the attacker for 2 turns, during which you can only heal yourself and prepare for another attack.
5. ... And he can do it over and over again. This means that the last 10 minutes of the battle are like this: Attack him once with everyone, he puts up the barrier and attacks you once, you heal yourself as best as you can and set allies to Stand By, he attacks you twice, you heal yourself again, he drops his barrier and attacks you once, you heal yourself, set allies to Full Assault and attack him once, HE PUTS IT UP AGAIN, attacks... over and over again.
6. When he's about to be defeated, he starts using one of the most powerful attacks that leaves your team at 1/4 of health and randomly inflicts a status ailment.

...The only reason I didn't throw the controller out the window was because I was saving up every single healing item, including 10x Soma (restores HP/SP of your party to full), so every 3-4 forms I used a Soma and used two at the last form. And 30 Revival Beads.

Never again.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Matriarch Benezia in Mass Effect. I raged many many times. Hell, it took me weeks before I could get her.

Molten Water

Apr 20, 2009
Company of Heroes man...that game will fuuck you up!! Every level can be solved by like only one method and any others will rape ur asshole...Also CoD2 the level where u gotta defend the farm from those oncoming germans in the brit part...IMPOSSIBLE!!

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
The fucking snowboarding section in Wily's Castle in Mega Man 8. You see? That's partially the reason why no one fucking liked that game, cause of shit like that. There's even an annoying alert system when you have to jump or slide. Don't listen to it. When ever the game tells you to jump or slide, you end up hurt or dead.