FUCKING SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Nothing.
When I see something that is related to what I'm currently interested in and don't want it spoiled, I just ignore it.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I accidentally spoiled the WHOLE Madoka series before watching it. Fucking Wikipedia. Although it was reading all of that that got me so intrigued, and so now I am an avid fan.

Speaking of Wikipedia, I also spoiled a big secret from Mawaru Penguindrum there. To be specific,
The fact that none of the siblings are actually related, and that Kanba and Masako are twin siblings.

I also got a bit of information on TV Tropes about the ending, although I just got a hint of what would happen with the brothers, as well as the nature of the ending due to the trope "Bittersweet Ending."

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
I think the worst for me was when I was 8 I read Lord of the Rings before The Hobbit. It pretty much ruined The Hobbit for me since it tells what happened in the first couple of chapters.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
A combination of someone else and my own ineptitude. Usually what would happen would be that I'd begin playing a game, then my little brother (who would've usually beat the game first or spoiled it for himself on the internet beforehand) would be visiting and ask me to guess the surprise plot twist of the game. I'd respond offhandedly a guess off the top of my head, and he would reply "Oh... wow, actually you're right."

I have so far spoiled the plot twists of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, The Assassin's Creed Series, the Mass Effect Series (specifically the origin of the Citadel), Braid, KotOR, Bioshock, Heavy Rain, and a score of movies and books. Worst part is, this would usually come about half an hour to an hour in to starting the damn things.

LogicArmour

Jun 14, 2011
I've had my head so far into the sand for Mass Effect 3 that I might as well not be on the interent. The reason I find spoilers for RPGs and games with choice annoying is that your not supposed to know about the difficult choice before you come too it. Thus, you get a more intense emotional experience. Spoilers ruined this effect in both ME1 and ME2 for me.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Mass Effect 3's ending because some very angry and unempathetic "fans" could not help themselves but bring it up everywhere. I avoided all threads specifically about ME3 but I was still seeing bits and pieces of it here and there and finally I completed the "puzzle". Ruined part of the experience for me. Not that I liked it anyhow, but that's besides the point.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I ruined Half Life 1 and 2, Portal, Gears of War (all of them), Red Dead Redemption, all Halo games, Bleach, Naruto, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Alchemist, Code Geass, The Sixth Sense, Pirates of the Caribbean and partially Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sherlock for myself. I really have to make sure my computer tazes me whenever I go to a wiki.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Well didn't... didn't she live? It has been a while since I gave up on the series.
Well, yeah, she did, but I didn't want to double-spoil it for anyone by saying how freaking relieved I was to find out she'd be okay, hah.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
My friend reads faster than I do, and she sent me a message about Snape doing what Snape does at the end of the sixth book of Harry Potter when I was only about halfway through it. I kinda felt like I'd been robbed of the excitement entirely, by being given it prematurely. But, after seeing the message, I kept reading, wanting to know about all the other bits that happen, and how exactly the event in question happens.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I had Oldboy and Gurren Lagann spoiled for me in rather novel ways. Oldboy was spoiled after I saw a Bollywood remake of it.

With Gurren Lagann, I knew Kamina was going to die, I just didn't know it happened in episode 8 of a 27 episode series. Unfortunately for me, Netflix was just getting used to its Instant Stream dealie, so some of the episodes were out of order. When I clicked on episode 8, it was actually episode 9, which begins with an "in memory of" montage. There was many raging.

I didn't however know that Nia was going to die. So that kinda made up for it.

Also, one of my friends is a HUGE One Piece fan. So pretty much everything that can be spoiled has been spoiled for me (some of them came just from me looking at her cosplay photos)!

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
snagli said:
...Full Metal Alchemist...
Ah! This reminds me. When I was Brotherhood's TVTropes page I thought to myself "pfft, it's just a remake of FMA, there's nothing that can be spoiled for me!"

Wtf?! Ling becomes Greed? Mustang goes blind? (he gets better, but I didn't know that) The Fuhrer's son is Pride?! FFFFUUUUU-

And the first episode of the original FMA I saw? "Words of Farewell."

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I tend to read the spoiled bits on TV Tropes (damn curiosity!) One of which was the big reveal of Red VS Blue-

You know, about Church being the Alpha AI?

-But it did get me interested in the show again, so there's that...

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
I spoil so many TV series by reading episode descriptions on Netflix streaming. My favorites are when I spoil something that sounds like a big thing and then is a big letdown.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Arontala said:
Yopaz said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Yopaz said:
There was a discussion about games with band endings on this site. Someone complained about Batman Arkham Asylum's ending and one quoted him and said something along the lines of:
How can you say Arkham City had a bad ending, the Joker died!
The game wasn't out on PC at the time so I hadn't even started playing it before he spoiled Arkham City for me. I tried to convince myself that it wouldn't end that way and I was hoping that what he said wasn't true so I would get a surprise in the end. That didn't happen.
For fuck sake, say that you're going to spoil Arkham City before the fucking spoiler. All you said was Asylum, then City after the spoil.
If you don't want spoilers, don't click to view the spoiler. The text after the spoiler clearly said he spoiled Arkham City by saing what I had put in spoilers. Don't blame me for something you did.

OT: I got Persona 4 spoiled for me. Was pretty angry about it.
So it's my fault when someone gets a game spoiled when they read text marked with spoilers and there's a description of the content of the spoiler? There's no logic in this, sorry mate.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
David Bjur said:
Actually, the ending is the only part I know anything about sooo, I can't really judge if it's the best part or not.
I won't give spoilers on it but, it isn't too great. I found city lacking in most areas though.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I accidentally spoiled my self with Persona 4(via erotic fanfiction of all things) and then did the same to my friend(still pissed I did that)

Also did the same thing for the ending to Usagi Drop, though it really made me want to see how that is written

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
someone spoiled the ending and plot of Black ops. that annoyed me a lot

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
The "Tony B" story arc of The Sopranos. Yes yes, I know I'm way too late to the party on that one, but my parents deemed me too young to watch it when it was first shown this side of the Atlantic, but now I'm watching it on Sky Atlantic with their back-to-back run of it.

My dad was browsing one of the Cheezebugers' many networks and came across a video entitled:
The many deaths of Steve Buscemi
conveniently forgetting that said actor was in the Sopranos and what happens to him. Needless to say, I was not amused and its taken out pretty much all the tension in the current series. I remind him of this at every opportunity I get, jokingly of course.