Fuddrucker's (and Luby's) are shutting down.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I have been in Britain only twice so far but as for food i found

... they have pretty good Indian and other Asian restaurants.

(Not that German cuisin has a good reputation aside from bread)

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I have been in Britain only twice so far but as for food i found

... they have pretty good Indian and other Asian restaurants.
Oh yes. We have a large number of superb South Asian restaurants: although they mostly don't serve very authentic South Asian dishes - they're actually variants adapted towards British tastes. The classic "tikka masala" was first invented in Britain, albeit clearly derived from original Punjabi or Bengali dishes.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Oh yes. We have a large number of superb South Asian restaurants: although they mostly don't serve very authentic South Asian dishes - they're actually variants adapted towards British tastes. The classic "tikka masala" was first invented in Britain, albeit clearly derived from original Punjabi or Bengali dishes.
My issue with a lot of Asian food, like I said earlier, I don't like "sweet". I DO however, like Hong Kong Style Pepper Beef with a savory brown sauce, peppers, onions, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots with Fried Rice.. YUM! That and Hong Kong Style spicy Kung Pao Beef. But I am REALLY particular about where I will eat them from due to varying recipes. If there is even the least hint of sweetness in my Chinese food I get grossed out pretty easy. You can't even just go to the regular grocery stores to buy the right ingredients to make decent Hong Kong Style Chinese here and have to go to Asian markets because the stores carry truly terrible products here.

This place has awesome authentic Hong Kong food though , since the owners are actually from Hong Kong:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This is unfortunate. My mom is a vegetarian that very much likes their veggie burger. I got her one, myself a loaded 1/2 lb burger, onion rings, her a soda, me a beer for a total of about $35. Would have cost more like $50 including tip at most of the places I like. But I go to the places I like at least once monthly while I haven't been to Fudruckers in about 2 years.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
If you're talking specifically about American Cheese, then that makes a lot of Americans weep with despair.
I was once looking for some new cheeses to try, checked out this website of 50 best cheeses. 8 of them were American, more than any other country and ahead of France's 7. I could have firebombed their server in outrage. Gotta hand it to the French, when it comes to cheese they are utterly supreme.

"American cheese" in terms of that plastic/rubber stuff is beyond awful. I'm sure the USA has proper cheesemakers who do good stuff especially with the hipster artisan foodmaker revolution, but in all the times I've visited the States I've never encountered any of it.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Gotta hand it to the French, when it comes to cheese they are utterly supreme.
Funny story, at one point when I was spending the summer down south, one of my cousin's CO's invited the family to a barbecue. Can't remember (this was over 25 years ago) whether we were talking bird or stars, but definitely high enough pay grade to have brought out this expensive ass imported charcuterie board. Not only did the cheeses go uneaten, we tried using it as catfish bait a few days later and the catfish wouldn't even touch it.