Full Frontal Nerdity Comes to The Escapist

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Full Frontal Nerdity Comes to The Escapist

Artist Aaron Williams, known for Nodwick, Full Frontal Nerdity, and his PS238 comics, will be bringing a special version of the FFN crew to the Escapist each week.

Comics have been part of The Escapist for some time, and we are proud to reveal a new comic coming to the site, courtesy of popular fantasy and tabletop comic artist Aaron Williams. If you have ever read Nodwick, Full Frontal Nerdity or PS238, you know his work. But now he is bringing a version of FFN to The Escapist every Friday.

If you are not familiar with the strip, here is the cast of characters:

Frank: If this bunch can be said to have a leader, Frank would be it, but only because he's the designated Dungeon Master for game night. He's often the voice of reason, which probably comes from reading "The Nitpicker's Guide to Star Trek" once too often.

Shawn: Exiled to a remote part of Alaska for his job, Shawn's presence is in the form of an old-school webcam. Every so often, his physical avatar gets an upgrade (he once tried life as a quadcopter), but they've stopped short of building him a new body, since that would eventually lead to building him a bride, then torches, then pitchforks, etc.

Lewis: The id of our cast, Lewis is out for loot, glory, and anything involving chainmail swimwear. If there's ever a "get XP quick scheme" to be had, his is the face it will likely blow up in.

Nelson: The rules lawyer of the group, he often finds loopholes in Frank's D&D campaigns big enough to fly a Smaug through. If a plan to make some fast cash ever has a chance of working, Nelson's behind it, with Lewis recruited for free labor as well as to have someone for the feds to blame if it turns out to be illegal.

In addition to this group, Williams will occasionally let fly with jabs at current trends or topics in games or the tech field, as evidenced by his bonus strip [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/full-frontal-nerdity/13612-Full-Frontal-Nerdity-Who-Watches-the-Apple-Watchmen] just for reading this.

Williams said he is looking forward to doing a strip for The Escapist because it could help him fulfill another dream: "I only long for wealth enough to bring City of Heroes back from the dead."

Remember to check back each Friday at 3 p.m. for a new strip.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Damn you click bait! /end joke

OT: Great news! Glad to see we're getting fresh content again and let me be the first to welcome them to the Escapist.

Welcome! :D

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Anything that means more FFN updates overall is good news in my book.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Aeshi said:
Agreed. Can't get enough of that sweet, sweet fyffn.

OT: Looks like a fun addition to the site. Good luck to have him with us. Think I'll go read some of that Nodwick.

Nghtgnt

May 30, 2010
Nice. I really enjoy Mr Williams's work. Now if only The Escapist could also get him to update PS238 more often...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So theres more of this out there?

Might spend an evening plowing through that then.

Wont be soon though, my hands are still bound to my 3DS and i cant stop playing Monster Hunter.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
yay more content ^_^

I always enjoy hearing about tabletop adventures. The two comics posted are pretty cute, too.

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
Uh-oh Cory and Grey, you better look out, there are some new kids on the block!

MazokuRanma

Oct 29, 2009
gigastar said:

Wont be soon though, my hands are still bound to my 3DS and i cant stop playing Monster Hunter.
How's that little nub thing working out as a substitute analog? I played the hell out of Tri on Wii and then 3 Ultimate on Wii U, but when I tried one of the PSP entries (I believe it was Freedom Unite 2) I couldn't get over the lack of analog control for the camera. I haven't gotten around to picking up a new 3DS, but even when I do I've been undecided on grabbing MH4U since they still didn't implement a true second analog stick.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
ive never heard of these people but it looks like something id be intereted in.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Barbas said:
Aeshi said:
Agreed. Can't get enough of that sweet, sweet fyffn.

OT: Looks like a fun addition to the site. Good luck to have him with us. Think I'll go read some of that Nodwick.
Nodwick is awesome. I remember it from dragon magazine many moons ago. nice dry humour poking fun at tabletop D&D. If this is the same guy who came out with that then this will be a great addition to the site.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
MazokuRanma said:
gigastar said:

How's that little nub thing working out as a substitute analog? I played the hell out of Tri on Wii and then 3 Ultimate on Wii U, but when I tried one of the PSP entries (I believe it was Freedom Unite 2) I couldn't get over the lack of analog control for the camera. I haven't gotten around to picking up a new 3DS, but even when I do I've been undecided on grabbing MH4U since they still didn't implement a true second analog stick.
Im not using a N3DS. Im using an original 3DS with a circle pad pro. It handles pretty well though im not sure how/if the two are comparable. But if you intend to use a N3DS then at the least i suppose youll get less performance issues than i am.

And what you essentially had to do for the PSP games was a grip referred to as The Claw. You used your left middle finger to operate the trigger and you left index finger would be curled down to operate the d-pad. Meaning your thumb never had to leave the analog nub.

Though The Claw is irrelevant now, theres a target lock on option in 4/4U and you can center the camera on the large monster of your choice with a single press of the left shoulder. Not you could use The Claw on a 3DS to begin with.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
While I'm all for Aaron getting more work, this isn't going to bring me back as a regular site visitor after the exit of Moviebob and MoS. Sorry, guys, appealing to my nostalgia bone isn't going to work.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
Ahh. I had to give up on FFN when they started blocking the server at work. (Does anyone else here pine for the glory days of Gamespy?)

Of course, it's probably only a matter of time before escapistmagazine.com is blocked too, but I try not to think about that.

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Jorpho said:
Ahh. I had to give up on FFN when they started blocking the server at work. (Does anyone else here pine for the glory days of Gamespy?)
I worked at GameSpy from 2000-2007. RIP dear friend.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Very exciting! I love his comics, and I love his blog entries too. Here's hoping for a fruitful relationship :)

DynastyStar

Feb 12, 2014
welcome to The Escapist :D haven't seen alot of the comic, but what I have seen pop up on The Escapist, I liked.