Fumito Ueda Wants to see Team Ico Games on PS3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Fumito Ueda Wants to see Team Ico Games on PS3

The creator of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Fumito Uedo, is hopeful that Sony might release his games for the PS3.

Speaking at Tokyo Game Show, Uedo told fans that he would love for Sony to release the two games for the PlayStation 3 in an anthology akin to the upcoming God of War collection.

"Initially, I didn't want to consider that," said Uedo. "I always thought they were designed for PS2 and should stay there. But lately, I've been thinking it would be nice to provide the games to other platforms to reach more users."

Obviously any re-release would need the green light from Sony, but it was the volume of fans calling for the release of the God of War games that made Sony release them, who's to say that the same won't work for Team Ico games? If you want to see them, you'd better start telling Sony now.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176239]

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
(waves arms around like a crazy person) Ico for PS3? Yes please. I didn't get a chance to catch it when it came out on PS2 and I would love a chance to play it. And of course, I loved Shadow of the Colossus. <3

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Two PS2 games I've since regretted getting rid of upon buying my PS3. I would love to see a PS3 collection.

"Hey Sony, I want to see them!"

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Wow...as much as I would love this, I'd feel kind of gypped, given that I forked over fifty dollars for a PS2 JUST so I could play SoTC.

It's a mixed bag, I suppose...

delet

Nov 2, 2008
I'd totally re-buy SotC for the PS3... if I had a PS3... in other words, DO WANT... (when I get a PS3...)

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
If they're exactly the same as the PS2 versions, I won't bother; I've already got both. But if they turn out to have had a graphics overhaul, I'll start saving straight away. Shadow of the Colossus would be awesome in high definition.

Cuddly Knife

May 20, 2009
SotC uprezzed and at 60FPS? FUCK YES! Hell, I'd even take it at a locked 30fps.

And of course, ico is equally as great, but not as choppy as SotC was.

Soulwolf

Jul 20, 2009
I played the PSU demo of ICO back some years ago and I must say I regret not picking it up. Now there is nary a copy to be readily found in my local shops. I'd buy a straight port, but I'd spend more money on a upscaled version of those two games.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again, bundle these games with the new one and I'll buy a ps3. Now, where the hell do I let Sony know?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I dunno. It seems that you need GOW 1 & 2 on the PS3 since GOW is a true trilogy. You really can't just jump in to 2 without playing 1 and get the full experience. This just seems like someone trying to make a quick buck unless they plan a third.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
squid5580 said:
I dunno. It seems that you need GOW 1 & 2 on the PS3 since GOW is a true trilogy. You really can't just jump in to 2 without playing 1 and get the full experience. This just seems like someone trying to make a quick buck unless they plan a third.
They are making a third -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
You know what's strange about that image? You don't have Agro for that Colossus. This is a fictional situation in that frame.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
asiepshtain said:
squid5580 said:
They are making a third -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian
The team is making another game but it isn't clear whether or not it will be a sequel. I just don't understand why Sony isn't following in MS's footsteps and putting these games on PSN. Paying 10 -20 bucks for them is alot easier to swallow than forking out full retail price for a disc that contains 2 games you should be able to find relatively cheap (if you get lucky in the used game bin).

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
YES!!
I have been planning to get Shadow of the Collossus and ICO for a long while now but my ps2 is near the place of no return. I just hope Sony approve of this.
*Breaks out into a merrily jig*

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Soulwolf said:
I played the PSU demo of ICO back some years ago and I must say I regret not picking it up. Now there is nary a copy to be readily found in my local shops. I'd buy a straight port, but I'd spend more money on a upscaled version of those two games.
I was really lucky when I found ICO in a bargain bin at my local Gamestop. I do regret selling SotC though. But if Sony did re-release these game I would like the same deal as GOW (updated graphics and trophies).

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
wooooh! yay! yes please, I never got the chance to play Ico/Shadow of the Colossus!

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
They'd have to update the graphics or what would be the point?

I have those two games and a BC PS3 a rerelease on PSN wouldn't make half as much money as an update. PSN woudl bring new users that hadn't played/don't own the game. Update would bring the army o original fans as well.

*Update please*

I also have the GOW games [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.135912] so - dito (oh Swayze)
Ghost8585 said:
I was really lucky when I found ICO in a bargain bin at my local Gamestop. I do regret selling SotC though. But if Sony did re-release these game I would like the same deal as GOW (updated graphics and trophies).
Trophies! Want it so bad...