Fun with(out) guns...

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Three of the Star Ocean games would make total sense to be using guns in, however they never do. It kind of sort of makes sense in the second and third games, but the 4th one it's just dumb.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Sid Meier's Railroads has Armaments as a shippable good. Since it's made from a Secondary good itself, it's one of the most valuable in the game (alongside Automobiles and Gold).
The weapons cannot be used for anything apart from shipping and sale, as fun as it potentially would be to bomb enemy railroad companies.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door also has potential for guns, but it does not have them.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
This made me actually think about the games I buy. Generally, I only play games with guns or sorts of violence. I don't think you can necessarily rule out games like Oblivion though, because Fable had guns and gunpowder could have been invented whenever Oblivion took place(see cannons)...but other than that only Portal.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Uh, shit, okay...

I'll limit it to my 360 and PC games, I play them most:

Assassin's Creed (1)
Dragon Age: Origins
Fable TLC
Skate
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Black & White 2

'Course most of those games have longbows and crossbows in anyway, and the two that don't would just be weird with guns. Interesting little point there, though.

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
spartan1077 said:
This made me actually think about the games I buy. Generally, I only play games with guns or sorts of violence. I don't think you can necessarily rule out games like Oblivion though, because Fable had guns and gunpowder could have been invented whenever Oblivion took place(see cannons)...but other than that only Portal.
[Unrelated]
*sigh*
Portal2, only 2-4 months right?

[related]
Black ops zombies, bowie knife, balistic knife, crossbow, it was fun.