Funky Coloured Hair

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
My hair is light blond but I'm having it dyed white. Not sure how I feel about people with crazy hair as it's usually for attention.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
I'm all for weird hair colors. I dig the blue, I always thought purple is sweet too.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
LogieBear said:
I'll take it as a compliment.
As its better than my friend saying im a Vocaloid, more specifically Miku
shouldn't you be called kaito? he has blue hair

Jjtricky

Apr 9, 2009
LogieBear said:
What is your guys take on coloured hair? And I mean all kinds of colours.

In my case my hair is Blue

And thats me. . . looking like a rejected FF character =P

Im just curious, as I know people who hate any unnatural hair colour.
A bit darker and it would be AWESOME

But all random hair colours are cool, especially with regular highlights like Kathleen's hair.

But the best has to be green.

http://www.haircolorsideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ramona-flowers-green-hair.jpg

Yep, definitely green. Oh and how easy/ long lasting is it?

LogieBear

Mar 19, 2010
Jjtricky said:
LogieBear said:

But all random hair colours are cool, especially with regular highlights like Kathleen's hair.

http://www.haircolorsideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ramona-flowers-green-hair.jpg

IMO do it yourself, cheaper and more personal touchs can be done quickly.
Bleach your hair, even its it already blonde (like mine was) find a dye you like (if its too dark add any conditioner to brighten it) and GO

Its easy, a bit time consuming if you want multicolours like mine. And will last on average a few months before a regrowth gets noticible

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I keep my head shaved, so I can't really dye my hair, but I still like it when other people have funny colours. I don't mean that I giggle at them (unless they're... alternative and fourteen years old), I mean that I... Can't say "fetish" exactly, but... Well, you get the idea.

The missus often dyes her hair red, and I gotta say I dig it, even if it isn't a funky colour. A couple of mates who keep their hair looking wicked cool, though. Gotta love that whole bright colour and shaved sides combo. Not so cool on dudes, but when a dudette does it, it works on a whole new level.

Elro1985

May 27, 2009
That's some pretty funky hair :)... I'm a natural dark blonde hate it so when I get bored I dye it from black to purple to red or browns, mostly get compliments as it's normally a drastic change

Best story of hair dying I expirenced was when a friend of mine tried dying her her broght red so bleached it first, then put red on top only for it to turn a bright neon orange/pink, pretty vomit enducing

Jjtricky

Apr 9, 2009
LogieBear said:
Jjtricky said:
LogieBear said:

Bleach your hair, even its it already blonde (like mine was) find a dye you like (if its too dark add any conditioner to brighten it) and GO

Its easy, a bit time consuming if you want multicolours like mine. And will last on average a few months before a regrowth gets noticible
Edit: woops. I have black hair so is it compulsory to bleach it? Also, how many colours did you use?

DISCLAIMER: I literally know nothing about hair

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
LogieBear said:

And thats me. . . looking like a rejected FF character =P

I friggin' love your haircolour, mate! It's awesome :D I wish I could have blue hair like that but it's a pain to keep it looking that good ;o

For myself, I dyed my hair bright red for quite the long time but then I stopped because the damage it did to my hair was massive... So my light blond (or golden brown, whatever) hair grew back and after a while for some harebrained reason I let my friend dye it black. Since I'm pretty much paler than snow it was quite a drastic change and it did even more damage to my hair! Also it was a pain to try and dye it with some other colour... So I returned back to red for about 9 months.

A little while ago, though, I got fed up with the constant dying so I decided I'm done playing around with my hair, found a colour that matched my own hair and now I'm a brunette. Which my boyfriend is quite pleased about :D

(Wow, didn't think I would write my whole "hair history" here.. Oh, what the hell! I should only be doing my essays which are due the day after tomorrow - only 11 more pages to go!)

LogieBear

Mar 19, 2010
Jjtricky said:
LogieBear said:
Jjtricky said:
LogieBear said:

Edit: woops. I have black hair so is it compulsory to bleach it? Also, how many colours did you use?

DISCLAIMER: I literally know nothing about hair
If you want a bright colour, yes you need to bleach it. If your alright about it being dark it should be ok. Use a small patch for a test just in case. Oh and all hair dyes and bleaches come with easy to follow steps. If your really confused check youtube for tutorials

As for mine its 4 colours. Bright green dyed on roots. Black Blue on the top and back. Once the Green and Black Blue set in, I added a White Blue everywhere, overlapping the other colours. And white layered wherever it seemed too dark. Took 3 hours =P

Im obssesed with hair by the way. My mothers a hairdresser and when I was younger I used to help

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Neon or really strong colors just look rediculous to me. It's even more horrible on guys. Especially if they sport those crappy emo hair styles.
*glares at OP*

If people want to dye their hair in natural colors I don't blame them. As long as it fits them.

As for my own experiences; Dyed my hair black once for Halloween once. Was supposed to go out after two weeks, but of course it didn't. My hair ended up looking really awesome though. Got waist-long dark brown hair with some red hints. When black spots where added to the mix... hell yes.

LogieBear

Mar 19, 2010
Each to his own I guess. My hair isnt emo to me, I just have a long fringe.

As for waist long hair that seems hipster too me =P Not that I have a problem with it. Long hair is awesome if looked after properly

Tomas Krystinik

May 28, 2010
What it all boils down to is "some people can pull it off, some can't". Multicolor is the hardest to look good in, imo, but any color can be worn well if it suits the wearer and the situation. Going to an anime convention? Sure. A wedding? Might look a bit odd draped on a tux. I'd always wanted to try going blue for a while but the problem is that once you dye your hair, you never really can get it exactly the way it was before, now can you?

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I like unnatural colours if it's done right. I've seen some pretty bad jobs and frequently get photos posted on facebook by someone who looks like they just squirt the dye on their hair and hope for the best. Right now my hair is bright red and when I get bored of it I'm thinking of going purple. That blue looks good on you though.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I'm not really a fan of colored hair, if you are really that desperate for attention how about a new shirt, it's alot less damaging to your hair.

SailorShale

Apr 3, 2010
I like the look of colored hair. I wouldn't do it to myself (too lazy) but on other people, sure. Makes it more interesting to look at.

Cavan

Jan 17, 2011
I think it's a massive waste of time; that doesn't look good, personally.

But as long as you don't try to say things like "self expression" or "unique identity" or "stand out of the crowd" i'l probably mention it once and then just blank it out as just being what you like and of no particular importance either way.

It's on the same level as wearing crazy contact lenses for me, a comparison a lot of people don't seem to translate. If somebody walked into a bar with contact lenses that were like cat's eyes, you'd assume it was some sort of gimmick. I feel roughly the same way.