Funniest Video Game Moments/ Funniest Video Games

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I laugh any time an opponent and I kill each other simultaneously in Team Fortress 2.

Aside from the entirety of Portal and its sequel, the Joker in the two 'Arkham' games, and several lines in Spec Ops: The Line (which I have to stress is one of the darkest games I've ever played), there's this one moment in Fallout 3 when I found a note about a secret package located in a store-room inside a subway tunnel. After some exploring, I managed upon a safe where the package presumably was. What was inside? Sexy Sleepwear.
Some intimidating merc came from behind and threatened me to hand it over; explicitly using the words 'sexy sleepwear'.

Nov 28, 2007
TallanKhan said:
Im going to say a phrase and shame on you if you dont know where its from:

"Swooping is Bad"
That character in general was quite enjoyable. One of the best comic reliefs I've seen in a game.

As for the topic at hand...gotta go with this.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Sam&Max season 2 finale. In short, they make it snow in Hell. Cue the phone ringing, Max answering it, and being informed that he got the Nobel peace prize (He's the president of USA at that point, it makes sense in context). One of the subtlest "when Hell freezes over" moments I've ever seen.

But really, too many to list; Bard's Tale, Disgaea, Psychonauts, etc etc etc...too many to list.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
TallanKhan said:

"Swooping is Bad"
Oh man, that s Dragon age II!

I recently played it through again, and I believe King Alistair says that. Don't remember about what though. Probably something about Meredith.

MBurdock

Aug 7, 2012
Scooter in Borderlands has some pretty funny lines.

I also thought the intro to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was hilarious. It's *sooo* Japanese. Similarly, the plot and characters in Vanquish are so bad that they're good.

House of the Dead: Overkill was a great tongue-in-cheek game.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
MBurdock said:
Scooter in Borderlands has some pretty funny lines.

I also thought the intro to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was hilarious. It's *sooo* Japanese. Similarly, the plot and characters in Vanquish are so bad that they're good.

House of the Dead: Overkill was a great tongue-in-cheek game.
Well true it is in DA:2, but the original quote is from DA:Origins when you enter the blight and meet Morrigan.

May 5, 2010
Well, a few hours ago, as I was playing Arkham Asylum, The Joker randomly made a reference to Lost. I'll see if I can find it.
(possible spoilers, I suppose)

That made me laugh, simply because of how unexpected it was. Doesn't hurt that I'm currently re-watching Lost as well.

Also, the Joker[footnote]No, the other one. But wouldn't that be awesome?[/footnote]/Garrus Comedy Hour in Mass Effect 3.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
The scene in Uncharted where Eddie (Eddy?) Raja rages out at the zombie-monkey-things right before falling to his death always gets me. Too bad that character had to exit the series so early though, I thought he was one of the funniest things about that game and would have liked to see more of him.

But the price for funnies scene goes to the two Destroyman cutscenes from No More Heroes. I'm not gonna say what they're about, they really are too good to spoil. No More Heroes also gets my vote for funniest game. So many humorous games only amount to cheeky or funny text/dialog inserted over the gameplay (even the really good ones like Portal), I've always felt that No More Heroes took it to the next level by making the entire concept of the game a joke, and letting that joke run through every aspect of it.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
TallanKhan said:

"Swooping is Bad"
Oh God, I hear it in his voice.

Yeh basically any line Alister or Shale say in DAO is gold

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
-GLaDOS: Just everything she says/does always makes me giggle. Wheatley is a short second.
-Dragon Age: Origins: Some conversations/banters with teammates. "Have you ever licked a pole during winter?". Ah, yes.
-Lollipop Chainsaw: Juliet: "Killing zombies gives me total wood!", Nick: "That's a weird thing to say."
-Gotham City Impostors: Every time I play the game! I rarely get mad when I lose because of that. The comments, the outfits, the voices and so on. I think that's why I just love that game.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Paper Mario and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People are my comedy kings of late. Most of my other funny moments aren't from games actively trying to be funny (the two technicians assembling the rocket launcher in Perfect Dark's third mission for example, one of whom has an amusing Liverpool accent).

'Spikey Joe and Mustache! Together they fight crime! Yeah... that'd be a killer TV show!'
-Spikey Joe, proposing a lucrative deal with Mario

'It's not like the secret entrance is just going to be labelled 'Secret Entrance'. We have to find some way of revealing it.' -Punio, before later finding the way to reveal the entrance, which is indeed labelled 'SECRET ENTRANCE'.

Strong Bad: What'd you bring that ugly misshapen stick for?
Homestar: Oh, she organized the protest rally!
SB: Not Marzipan! Though that's a pretty good one... gotta remember that!
Coach Z: Oh, that's our orffigy of the King of Town. Um, arffigy! RPG! First-Person-Shooter!

Strong Bad: This is never gonna work! I'm gonna need a translator. The Cheat, ask Genghis Can't here if he wants to join Strongbadia.
The Cheat: *The Cheat Noises*
Strong Mad: THE CHEAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!
The Cheat: *The Cheat Noises*
SB: Ohhhh, so you're his best friennnnnd, it's all starting to make sennnnnse.

fdbluth

Dec 31, 2010
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale had some brilliant moments and lines.

In one scene, when the protagonist is walking in the town center in the night and is approached by a townsperson, she freaks out and yells (in all caps), "HE'S GOING TO STEAL MY CUTENESS!!!!"

... It's funnier in context.

One of its catchphrases is "Capitalism, ho!" That really should be enough.