Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
In defence of the mural, Driffield's population is apparently (2011 census) ~13,000 whites and under 200 non-whites, so I guess 15/15 white people is pretty representative of reality.
Which is my point. The mural represents the town.

If it didn't represent it and people kicked up a fuss, then we could have a post in anti-woke world, but as I've said plenty of times, wokeists and racists are two sides of the same coin.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
In another move woke world just had another blow

Turns out people's concerns were valid and the CEO of Theranos wasn't a super genius woman revolutionising the medical tech field and those questioning her developments were just know nothing woman haters but were right on the money about the issues with the products claims.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
In another move woke world just had another blow

Turns out people's concerns were valid and the CEO of Theranos wasn't a super genius woman revolutionising the medical tech field and those questioning her developments were just know nothing woman haters but were right on the money about the issues with the products claims.
This is woke?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It was woke because she was being pushed as a revolutionary genius female CEO and all her critics were know nothing misogynists who were just trying to tear down a self made woman because she was a woman.
Was woke people doing this or her financial backers? Because a lot of people called her female Jobs... and that is not a compliment. A lot of people saw her as arrogant, unfriendly and more style than substance a while before the fruad was uncovered. When the fruad came out everyone was thinking... yep, that tracks with her personality. Also, thank the gods Jobs never got into medical equipment because he'd probably kill someone and expect to be praised for it.

See also: woke people not liking Musk. The people defending him? Financial backers. Because you cant buy into something and then criticize it. That's the opposite of Capitalism

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Was woke people doing this or her financial backers? Because a lot of people called her female Jobs... and that is not a compliment. A lot of people saw her as arrogant, unfriendly and more style than substance a while before the fruad was uncovered. When the fruad came out everyone was thinking... yep, that tracks with her personality. Also, thank the gods Jobs never got into medical equipment because he'd probably kill someone and expect to be praised for it.

See also: woke people not liking Musk. The people defending him? Financial backers. Because you cant buy into something and then criticize it. That's the opposite of Capitalism
Both or at least woke people were happily trotting along with the narrative being pushed by her backers lol.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
But hey if that isn't enough from Vox media themselves

Whenever anyone raised questions about her technology — which she claimed could run hundreds of tests and detect diseases early based on a small drop of blood — she fired them, tried to muzzle them with legal threats, or accused them of sexism.
15 years, $10 Billion valuation. If you don't think the claims of sexism worked and worse because of woke world actually stiffed her critics ability to be even acknowledged or taken seriously then I'd like to know just how the hell people think this one was pulled off when yeh she'd have plenty of critics.

If you check she was pushed hard, glowing pieces in Wired The Wall Street Journal and a medical publication called medscape along with others too.

No-one checked the stuff, no-one challenged it, no-one questioned about lack of proof of them working or actual validation. Until some-one who was in a position to be heard did start asking the questions.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
No-one checked the stuff, no-one challenged it, no-one questioned about lack of proof of them working or actual validation. Until some-one who was in a position to be heard did start asking the questions.

Reactions: Agema

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Honestly, I think that ranks pretty low on the list of concerns I have about the Taliban...

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble