Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Gonna be honest, this reads like fiction to me.
Maybe you should take this as an opportunity to do some self-reflection on why your personal world-view is so disconnected from reality that actual events seem "like fiction".

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
We've seen you dismiss sourced articles because the subject shares your political badge, so I doubt anyone is shocked.
On the list of aspects that I find questionable, one thing is that there isn't a sourced article, and the user is I believe allegedly a journalist, so you'd imagine that behavior would hit the news.

To add to that, a voting precinct at a church isn't for the church specifically. Most of the congregation likely votes elsewhere, and most of those voting there likely aren't members of that congregation. Early indicators suggest that voting trends are moving back toward pre-pandemic patterns where the earliest votes are largely the elderly, who would be most inconvenienced by lack of nearby parking and who vote disproportionately for Republicans.

And then there's the scare quote of an allegedly mispronounced word from a perpetrator, said the next day after the user voted when they presumedly weren't even there to hear it.

So taken at face value, we have a story of Maga dudes committing crimes to stop people from voting, likely not even to their own party's benefit, and a user here who happened to notice, voted, went back the next day to check it out, and then took action by posting to a forum full of mostly non-Americans.

Edit: I gave that post a quick reread, and to add to my suspicion, the second event allegedly happened on a Sunday. I haven't looked through the advanced voting schedule for every county in Kansas, but I have yet to find a single church that was open for voting on Sunday, and actually most of the polling places just had Saturday as the last day to vote early, which makes sense if you're taking Sunday off and you can't be open past noon on Monday. Pretty much just county elections offices seem to be open the full allowed period.

Last edited:

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Talk about Biden's economic accomplishments instead of ranting about America being Rome 2.0.
It is no longer clear to me whether you like Romans or not. I thought you were a big fan, but I know you hate America so now it's really unclear.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I still haven't gotten used to 'the king' and was racking my brain to work out which celebrity currently wields Elvis' old moniker.

It doesn't help that every time I hear about the old bastard it's some alarmingly petty bullshit that amounts to him being really sad that the title didnt magically bestow him respect.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It is no longer clear to me whether you like Romans or not. I thought you were a big fan, but I know you hate America so now it's really unclear.
No, it's not how I would have approached the midterms, granted I was wrong and democracy + abortion was more important than economics and inflation. I guess I underestimated Gen Z and millennials voting, and American views of inflation being temporary which it was.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No, it's not how I would have approached the midterms, granted I was wrong and democracy + abortion was more important than economics and inflation. I guess I underestimated Gen Z and millennials voting, and American views of inflation being temporary which it was.
For most women, abortion IS an economic issue. Worry about inflation compared to abortion is like worrying about a prickle in your toe when someone just cut off your arm. I.e. it's utterly pointless.

The GOP was told this before Trump even took office. They ignored it at their own peril

Reactions: Thaluikhain

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
For most women, abortion IS an economic issue. Worry about inflation compared to abortion is like worrying about a prickle in your toe when someone just cut off your arm. I.e. it's utterly pointless.

The GOP was told this before Trump even took office. They ignored it at their own peril
"We tried to tell them that people were killing the unborn for the money. and that didn't convince them to allow more" is not the argument you think it is.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
"We tried to tell them that people were killing the unborn for the money. and that didn't convince them to allow more" is not the argument you think it is.
Money? It's economic. If you have a baby, it will LITERALLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Money is a small part of this. Do you not know how babies work?

Here is a definition of economics:
Economics is the study of scarcity and its implications for the use of resources, production of goods and services, growth of production and welfare over time, and a great variety of other complex issues of vital concern to society.

You personally kept going on about dumping babies into foster care. Did you ever ask why? It's economics. Not just money. E.g. you cannot look after a baby and go to work. The scarcity of resources is time and supervision. You could buy this, so money could be involved. Most people have to rely on unpaid labour. And we haven't even started discussing quality of care, it's just quantity

But hey, I know. God told you to do it, so there is no way I can get you to understand someone else point of view. Noticed how you used the word killing here to demean people.... just to score point. God told you to do that to

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Money? It's economic. If you have a baby, it will LITERALLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Money is a small part of this. Do you not know how babies work?

Here is a definition of economics:
Economics is the study of scarcity and its implications for the use of resources, production of goods and services, growth of production and welfare over time, and a great variety of other complex issues of vital concern to society.

You personally kept going on about dumping babies into foster care. Did you ever ask why? It's economics. Not just money. E.g. you cannot look after a baby and go to work. The scarcity of resources is time and supervision. You could buy this, so money could be involved. Most people have to rely on unpaid labour. And we haven't even started discussing quality of care, it's just quantity

But hey, I know. God told you to do it, so there is no way I can get you to understand someone else point of view. Noticed how you used the word killing here to demean people.... just to score point. God told you to do that to
You seem to have not understood my point. Having moral stances that you prioritize over the economy isn't a weakness. Pointing that out isn't a criticism.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's true and now if only Republicans applied that to healthcare...
They do, people not being able to afford healthcare is ultimately bad for the economy. Making people suffer for being poor is more important than society as a whole being better, though.