Funny Events of the "Woke" world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oh, look. We're back to Pheonix parroting whatever is said in the latest youtube video he watched regardless of how objectively and patently false it is...
He really shouldn't be getting all of his information from social media like that

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Oh, look. We're back to Pheonix parroting whatever is said in the latest youtube video he watched regardless of how objectively and patently false it is...
What places in the rest of the world give 2 shits about all this stuff we are bickering about for really no reason? Since apparently that's false.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
What places in the rest of the world give 2 shits about all this stuff we are bickering about for really no reason? Since apparently that's false.
What happened to "doing your own research"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwak and Buyetyen

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
TLDR: Countries that suffer from climate change need economic growth, and good governance not handouts.

If you’ve never heard of this loony concept before, the theory is that America owes the rest of the world money for burning fossil fuels over the last hundred or so years.

Huh? These were the fossil fuels that provided America with the energy to save humanity from fascism and communism during World War I, World War II, and the Cold War. These energy sources are what have powered the industrial age, bringing light, heat, and air conditioning. And they have powered our infrastructure, factories, an abundant food supply, and a technology revolution. Add to that our drugs and vaccines, which have saved many hundreds of millions of lives globally.

It was the fossil fuel energy revolution of the last century that supplied America with the wealth and financial resources to provide some half a trillion dollars of disaster and foreign aid to seemingly every area of the rest of the world. And now, President Joe Biden’s dunces are agreeing with foreigners that we owe them money?

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Huh? These were the fossil fuels that provided America with the energy to save humanity from fascism and communism during World War I, World War II, and the Cold War. These energy sources are what have powered the industrial age, bringing light, heat, and air conditioning. And they have powered our infrastructure, factories, an abundant food supply, and a technology revolution. Add to that our drugs and vaccines, which have saved many hundreds of millions of lives globally.
America-- and most of the developed world-- has long ago passed the point where it requires fossil fuel usage on anywhere close to its current degree in order to maintain industry, living standards, and research.

Maybe eighty years ago, during wartime. Not now. Not for most of the last half century. The reason fossil fuel usage remains stratospherically high is a result of 1) governments wanting fast, easy, ultimately unsustainable production; 2) failure to invest in alternatives; 3) lobbying and political influence from companies who directly benefit, and then hoard the profit.

Developed countries (as well as China) overwhelmingly produce the carbon that causes climate change. And countries that don't produce anywhere near as much-- mostly in the global south-- suffer disproportionately from its effects. Natural disasters, flooding, species extinction, agricultural collapse, displacement in these countries are a result of unnecessary energy policies pursued by the wealthier countries for decades.

When a country acts in a way that enriches itself and devastates others, then there's a damn good case for reparations.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
America-- and most of the developed world-- has long ago passed the point where it requires fossil fuel usage on anywhere close to its current degree in order to maintain industry, living standards, and research.

Maybe eighty years ago, during wartime. Not now. Not for most of the last half century. The reason fossil fuel usage remains stratospherically high is a result of 1) governments wanting fast, easy, ultimately unsustainable production; 2) failure to invest in alternatives; 3) lobbying and political influence from companies who directly benefit, and then hoard the profit.

Developed countries (as well as China) overwhelmingly produce the carbon that causes climate change. And countries that don't produce anywhere near as much-- mostly in the global south-- suffer disproportionately from its effects. Natural disasters, flooding, species extinction, agricultural collapse, displacement in these countries are a result of unnecessary energy policies pursued by the wealthier countries for decades.

When a country acts in a way that enriches itself and devastates others, then there's a damn good case for reparations.
Hard disagree Pakistan gets 4 billion a year from the US, announced a larger military budget than last year, sheltered Bin Laden, and is the number one source of terrorism funding by their ISI intelligence agency.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
The money that rich country "gives" to poor country for now mainly goes into funds that help insure their asset against natural catastrophe, which have grow more common due to climate change, which itself has grow largely trough the emission of CO2 by developed nation.

That being said, the develop nation have given a large amount of aid over the year to the developing nation and one of the main thing that the develop nation produce were technological advancement that the poor nation are able to obtain for a fraction of the cost that was necessary to research them in the first place. So I don't think the case that rich nation need to pay poor one is that straightforward. I think any aid given should be targeted specifically to avoid large scale deforestation and steer country away from fossil fuel rather than directly given to their government and should come with many strings attached.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The money that rich country "gives" to poor country for now mainly goes into funds that help insure their asset against natural catastrophe, which have grow more common due to climate change, which itself has grow largely trough the emission of CO2 by developed nation.

That being said, the develop nation have given a large amount of aid over the year to the developing nation and one of the main thing that the develop nation produce were technological advancement that the poor nation are able to obtain for a fraction of the cost that was necessary to research them in the first place. So I don't think the case that rich nation need to pay poor one is that straightforward. I think any aid given should be targeted specifically to avoid large scale deforestation and steer country away from fossil fuel rather than directly given to their government and should come with many strings attached.
But these people want no strings attached. They want you to give them a blank check so that they can buy Chinese manufactured goods. No where did I hear we need climate change money FOR solar panels, wind, and other forms of clean energy. Because these foreign officials are welfare queens who spend their own citizens money and our money on big houses and large boats.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
What happened to "doing your own research"?

The thread is about woke culture (along with the video I linked), not culture in general... Nobody else in the world cares about pronouns and that kinda bullshit.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
View attachment 7505

You make shit up, dude. You really do.
Seriously what the fuck? The thread is literally fucking about the woke world. The video I posted that was queued up to the section is literally called woke culture. Changing it to culture in general is moving the fucking goalposts. If I talked about apples in an apple thread, I'd get accused of moving goalposts because I wasn't talking about oranges.

All you care about is posting anything against vs actually having a conversation.

Citation needed
Citation that other countries actually care about pronouns...

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
All you care about is posting anything against vs actually having a conversation.
You make shit up, dude. Don't make shit up.

Straight up, the reason I decline to have more involved conversations with you than just calling bullshit occasionally is because a conversation is meant to be give-and-take and through your actions, dishonesty and overbearing egoism, you have made clear that you're only interested in taking. You want everyone to tell you how smart you are, but the harder you try, the worse it makes you look.

You have the ability to become as smart as you want us to believe you are; you obviously have the time and energy; but I don't think you have the discipline. And until you find the will to change that, we're going to continue sitting here unimpressed and calling bullshit. It's up to you, dude. You want to be an intellectual? Put in the hours.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
JK Rowling and the entire tory party exist. Man, that was fucking easy. I know your thing is saying absurdly dumb things that are easily disprovable, but this felt like a low bar even for you pheonix.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Straight up, the reason I decline to have more involved conversations with you than just calling bullshit occasionally is because a conversation is meant to be give-and-take.
You have never had an involved conversation here with anyone. You might want to consider which part of that equation isn't meeting their end of the give-and-take bargain.