Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Read your article all the way through.
Important to note that in test 1, they never recorded any results either way. In test 2, they...only used university students for their test group. A test about how unskilled, uneducated people have poor self assessment skills. Their test group lacked anyone outside the education sphere, totally missing the point.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
The former.
Yeah it's odd. I've never heard of people mocking others because they are single (apart in very conservative groups, where there is a strong pressure on women for making babies as per their function and only reason to exist, and where men are judged by creepy macho values). But incels being mocked, well, yes, and thankfully as it's truly a nasty, horrible little bunch. Who has very little to do with being single, actually.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
No, I don't actually hate affirmative action I am for it, in fact, my argument is actually more complex than that, I was just raging because I am sick of people(mostly West and East Coast democrats alongside Republicans)making fun of incel-like men, Asian men, Chinese men, men in general, and neurodivergent men in general.
Personally, I'm tired of people trying to bring neurodivergence into this, and frankly I'm not sure why you'd even want to as it completely undermines your argument.

You can't really claim to be speaking for neurodivergent men while also arguing that standardized testing should be taken as a neutral measurement of merit, for example. Our problem isn't that people don't like us or don't want to fuck us. Our problem is that we're expected to live and act and function like neurotypical people, in a world designed around the needs of neurotypical people, when we don't work the same way and have completely different needs.

You are operating on the assumption that equality means everyone being treated the same and given the same opportunities (an equal piece if the "pie"). That may ultimately be true in regards to ethnicity, but it's not true in regards to neurodiversity at all.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah it's odd. I've never heard of people mocking others because they are single (apart in very conservative groups, where there is a strong pressure on women for making babies as per their function and only reason to exist, and where men are judged by creepy macho values). But incels being mocked, well, yes, and thankfully as it's truly a nasty, horrible little bunch. Who has very little to do with being single, actually.
Well, dunno how it works in reality so much, but pop culture loves making jokes about men who are single, or who are single for more than X times, or haven't had sex before reaching Y age.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Well, dunno how it works in reality so much, but pop culture loves making jokes about men who are single, or who are single for more than X times, or haven't had sex before reaching Y age.
Oookay? I haven't been exposed to the same pop culture I assume. And haven't been socialized with such things as a concern or matter of thought. The only things I can think of is an american comedy titled the something-years old virgin, which, apparently, treats it as a plot point. And some jokes about geeks having super strong opinions on life and women without having had any sentimental experience, but that's (like incels) more about their attitudes and worldviews. A bit like the silliness of having a pope voicing opinions on condoms.

But again, I was never much into American college comedies (or coming of age anime, and stuff), so maybe there's a whole echo chamber for the idiots who concern themselves with that. And make it a competition?

That's pretty trashy in my opinion. Stupid outside factors in sentimental life, twisting purposes. But also, I know that rape culture on American campuses is rooted in peer pressure and expectations, so I can see some people having interest in promoting such values.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oookay? I haven't been exposed to the same pop culture I assume. And haven't been socialized with such things as a concern or matter of thought. The only things I can think of is an american comedy titled the something-years old virgin, which, apparently, treats it as a plot point. And some jokes about geeks having super strong opinions on life and women without having had any sentimental experience, but that's (like incels) more about their attitudes and worldviews. A bit like the silliness of having a pope voicing opinions on condoms.

But again, I was never much into American college comedies (or coming of age anime, and stuff), so maybe there's a whole echo chamber for the idiots who concern themselves with that. And make it a competition?

That's pretty trashy in my opinion. Stupid outside factors in sentimental life, twisting purposes. But also, I know that rape culture on American campuses is rooted in peer pressure and expectations, so I can see some people having interest in promoting such values.
For example:

(Bad image quality, though)

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
College admissions officers and Biden administration members are on TikTok, ridiculing Asians and single men in their professional capacity?

I, uhrm, don't believe you.
Influencers that voted for Biden and are aligned with Biden are. Also many BIPOC people are making fun of Asians and especially this person saying he should have gotten a 1600, was boring, etc. but no it’s not in their professional capacity.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Influencers that voted for Biden and are aligned with Biden are. Also many BIPOC people are making fun of Asians and especially this person saying he should have gotten a 1600, was boring, etc. but no it’s not in their professional capacity.
It's not that I'm unsympathetic to potential racism against Asians by any means, but I think you have to appreciate a certain hierarchy of concerns. People (usually, and probably in this case) from very affluent families not getting into the most elite of elite universities comes across a bit 'first world problem' to other people who are more concerned with mass poverty and being arbitrarily shot by the cops.

Their sympathy might be particularly dampened when, according to news reports, the court case said super-student is launching will potentially dismantle systems designed to support attainment of students that experience high levels of social disadvantage.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So not college admissions officers or members of the Biden administration, then.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
It's not that I'm unsympathetic to potential racism against Asians by any means, but I think you have to appreciate a certain hierarchy of concerns. People (usually, and probably in this case) from very affluent families not getting into the most elite of elite universities comes across a bit 'first world problem' to other people who are more concerned with mass poverty and being arbitrarily shot by the cops.
But that is the problem, isn't it ?

Regularly being confronted with racism from one side and an attitude of "your problems are a secondary concern" from the other, supposedly anti-racist side makes people eventually conclude that they are on their own. And not particularly care anymore about collateral damage pursueing their interest.

I won't say that is right, But it is an extremely common pattern with groups who are marginalized but not at the bottom of the pecking order.

Reactions: Gergar12