Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
And...?

Also, did he? I assume probably but I don't really follow much of what Trump says.
Sorry, got Covid again

Yah what? 50% of what Trump says is just insults

I don't think he's gotten through one media appearance without insulting someone.

He's in a race with LBJ for being the biggest bully who became president

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Sorry, got Covid again

Yah what? 50% of what Trump says is just insults

I don't think he's gotten through one media appearance without insulting someone.

He's in a race with LBJ for being the biggest bully who became president
I said "And...?" because how does what Trump does a defense of Hilary Clinton? What she said was stupid, just admit it was stupid. Nobody likes her and that will continue.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

A/C and heating are literal human rights in the making. This insane person doesn't believe in A/C when in Europe there were 10s of thousands of deaths from heat. How insane do you have to be to not use A/C in 2024; the summer in Europe?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
A/C and heating are literal human rights in the making. This insane person doesn't believe in A/C when in Europe there were 10s of thousands of deaths from heat. How insane do you have to be to not use A/C in 2024; the summer in Europe?
Probably because the architects designed the buildings to:
a) be well insulated against the heat
b) have alternative and less energy-intensive cooling systems

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Probably because the architects designed the buildings to:
a) be well insulated against the heat
b) have alternative and less energy-intensive cooling systems
Do you trust that to withstand 40+ C temperatures?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I said "And...?" because how does what Trump does a defense of Hilary Clinton? What she said was stupid, just admit it was stupid. Nobody likes her and that will continue.
It's not a defence. It's me saying that Trump is way worse than Clinton on insulting people and said way worse than calling people deplorables

There is a huge rift between what Trump is allowed to do and what everyone else is allowed to do.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I understand what the government thinks here... but I'm going to wait and see what actually happens.

A lot of Europe has no A/C. That doesn't mean this building shouldn't. I understand you think the building was built so you don't need A/C... I'm going to wait until people use it to agree with them

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yes, except they probably won't need to.

1) Paris is normally about 25C daily peak in Summer, above 30C not particularly unusual. But over 40C? Barely ever.
2) Humans could make buildings that were substantially cooler indoors than the daytime temperature outside hundreds of years ago. We haven't magically lost that ability: quite the opposite, we can be even better at it these days. Many, many buildings haven't bothered because it has been more expedient for constructors to just stick up cheaper buildings (or to favour looks over practicality) and leave the purchasers to pay to heat/cool them.
3) There are other, more efficient ways to cool buildings than AC, e.g. heat pumps. These are easily sufficient to make any temperature in Paris readily bearable.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's not a defence. It's me saying that Trump is way worse than Clinton on insulting people and said way worse than calling people deplorables

There is a huge rift between what Trump is allowed to do and what everyone else is allowed to do.
Clinton does have a smugness that Trump doesn't have. Trump beat Hilary in an election, you're allowed to do certain things when you have won. It was pretty sad that Hilary couldn't even beat Trump.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Clinton does have a smugness that Trump doesn't have.
Are you serious?

Trump is THE definition of smug

Again, this is not a defense of Clinton. She's been pretty smug.

But Trump get treated very different from everyone else on the planet.

I cannot fathom why anyone would even think of this sentence, it's so outside reality

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
At least Clinton accepted defeat.

No she didn't.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
We deserve this criticism. We are the softest generation of racial and ethnic Asians ever. Our ancestors used to die in doves charging machine gun nests. Cowards the lot of us.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Hillary was complaining about Trump being paid by Russia to send his supporters down to congress on Jan 6

And followed that up with zero proof.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Hillary was complaining about Trump being paid by Russia to send his supporters down to congress on Jan 6

And followed that up with zero proof.
The Russians spammed ads on Facebook for him tho.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016

I don't have A/C, none of my family has A/C, no one of my associates has A/C. There is a server room and a couple of offices at work that have A/C, but that's it.

A/C in Europe is mostly a waste of energy and thus just bad for the climate. Of course our houses are not build like the American ones.

The athletes accommodation have already some kind of artificial cooling based on geothermal energy. That is already far more than nearly all regular Parisian homes have. It is a hard sell to Parisians that the athletes would absolutely need even more.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
No she didn't.
She did in the way that matters: she lost the vote (well, electoral college) and swallowed it.

Her complaint is of the order that there was widespread foreign interference, coupled with state-level voter suppression tactics. Not that the election was illegally stolen.