Future Capcom Fighters May Focus On Singleplayer Content

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Where were you looking?
I was still typing when I accidentally loaded it, I acknowledged Skullgirls and Blazblue at least. I consider the rest a rather dry list, particularly when compared to what we used to have and what Capcom themselves used to produce.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
xPixelatedx said:
Sorry, Fighting games are nearly extinct now, I know because I am always looking for them.
On the internet, i can find out precisely how to disassemble someones fingerbones while leaving the rest of thier hand intact, and you cant find anything relating to a genre that mostly consists of long established franchises.

Either you arent trying very hard or you just suck at using a search engine.

xPixelatedx said:
I consider the rest a rather dry list, particularly when compared to what we used to have and what Capcom themselves used to produce.
Heres something fresh then.

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
Street Fighter 4 basically revived the entire genre. Maybe before 2009 I could agree that fighting games were dying but as of now fighting games are doing great compared to what they used to sell.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
People seem to be thinking that Capcom is now going to just ignore multiplayer development and focus on Story Mode, that ain't gonna happen. Chances are the most that will change is that we'll get cutscenes at the end of a play-through and some dialogue between specific characters before a fight, similar to what the Tekken series did (I'm thinking specifically of Dark Resurrection since that's where it was done best). I'm all for that, it was fun and broke up the fights for a couple seconds and gave me a cool cinematic for my time, most of which were quite humorous and enjoyable.
And heck, more content is always welcome, chances are it'll get more people involved with these games and breath some life into what has become a very stale genre.

Also, everyone appears to be forgetting that there are already stories written for these characters which have shown some promise, we've had three or four animated movies so far (not that great, but hey). Someone bought those, so clearly someone wouldn't mind getting their teeth into some Street Fighter narrative, I say give it to them.