G-Rated Films that scared us s***less.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
flim.geek.chic said:
SODAssault said:
Not really. Saw the android in Alien get murdered when I was seven. Everything else was water off a duck's back.
That'll do it. I saw that when I was ten. Later I rode the Movie ride at disney world.WHen the Aliens section came up I hid my face in my BF shirt the entire time I was so freaked.
SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS. My parents would take me to Disney all the time, but that one ride at MGM? Fuck. That. I knew what those bastards were capable of, and they do NOT just sit in the walls and hiss at random passerby like an old man telling you to get off his lawn. Then there was that awkward moment where I felt indebted to the guide for "saving" the tour group, but that was more of an irrational kid thing.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
cheshitescat said:
Was the Neverending Story rated G? Because the Gmork freaked me right the fuck out. Also, Bambi.
Jesus,thousands of times this!
It may have been a crappy animated puppet,but to this day,I still can't look at it in the eyes and not feel fear.

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
SODAssault said:
flim.geek.chic said:
SODAssault said:
Not really. Saw the android in Alien get murdered when I was seven. Everything else was water off a duck's back.
That'll do it. I saw that when I was ten. Later I rode the Movie ride at disney world.WHen the Aliens section came up I hid my face in my BF shirt the entire time I was so freaked.
SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS. My parents would take me to Disney all the time, but that one ride at MGM? Fuck. That. I knew what those bastards were capable of, and they do NOT just sit in the walls and hiss at random passerby like an old man telling you to get off his lawn. Then there was that awkward moment where I felt indebted to the guide for "saving" the tour group, but that was more of an irrational kid thing.
I worked there on top of it. so over a few months I rode that ride countless times still couldn't look. There was a joke backstage about the animatronics... "Alien... Alien... AHHH Sygorney Weaver!"

Timmibal

Nov 8, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Capt. Crankypants said:
The Madman said:
don't even mention Watership Down to me either...
Win. Christ that thing was......sheesh...
And that's before you bring in Bright Eyes. Still leaves me creeped out.
"They filled in the warren... Couldn't get out... couldn't... couldn't get out..."

"Hazel... The fields... The fields... They're covered with blood!"

My balls still retract when I remember that movie. I am so hitting the video store on the way home to see if they've got it.

C.S.Strowbridge

Jul 22, 2010
flim.geek.chic said:
The Brave Little Toaster... I still see tha friggin clown sometimes in my nightmares.

Also The Black Cauldron....scariest Disney Villian Ever!
That movie could have been so awesome had they just say, "Screw it! Make it PG-13."

Toy Story 3... Mr. Tortilla Head.

Tell me that isn't the scariest thing you've seen all year.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Lets see: Bambi, Dumbo, and Winnie the Pooh. Those of you who saw those movies as kids know exactly the scenes I'm talking about. Scared the crap out of me back then, and the latter two still creep me out when I see them (though not nearly as badly as they did).

That music... as if it was supposed to be fun, but was very, very wrong... *shudder*

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I remember leaving in the middle of Snow White, specifically at the witch transformation scene. I later came back and finished it, but it definitely creeped me out.

Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, meanwhile, disturbed me so much that I couldn't sleep until I had a small cry.

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
C.S.Strowbridge said:
flim.geek.chic said:
The Brave Little Toaster... I still see tha friggin clown sometimes in my nightmares.

Also The Black Cauldron....scariest Disney Villian Ever!
That movie could have been so awesome had they just say, "Screw it! Make it PG-13."

Toy Story 3... Mr. Tortilla Head.

Tell me that isn't the scariest thing you've seen all year.
Techniacally not a villian though.

HandsomeJack

Jul 17, 2009
Unico in the Island of Magic ... Lord Kuruku was the single most horrifying memory of what little memory of my childhood. He was so bad he was one of the few things that stuck.

His movements and voices were a little to close to someone who actually IS crazy (and not just ACTING crazy) for a child to feel at ease. That and the crazy f***er was making a castle out of humans! That was enough to make me hate Lego as a kid as well. Watched it again recently as an adult now...Kuruku is still creepy as all hell, I wasnt just overreacting as a child.

Had my fiancee watch it as well (she never saw it as a kid)...she joked that that had to be what messed me up into who I am now.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Well, when I was a kid:

- Watership Down... the whole damn thing if I remember right.

and

- The Brave Little Toaster... Nightmare scene w/ clown with tidal wave fork hose and the later magnet scene at the crushing plant.

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
I still don't understand what kind of a tool would ever think Watership Down, as book or movie, is meant for children. Sure it features bunnies but it's an allegory for a fascist state with genocide, bunnies suffocating in a sealed burrow and death galore.

I also remember this animated series about an animal odyssey to a new place when their forest gets chopped down. Farthing Wood, was it? On the one hand, they all talk and work together. On the other, some of them are carnivores. I still remember a scene where a field mouse sees his dead comrade penetrated on a thorn like a paper on a spike.
I know shrykes actually do that, but really, was that necessary to show?! Bambi is very sensitive next to this.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
That wheelchair-bound mad professor from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Seeing his shadow coming down that spiral staircase, hearing the whir of his wheelchair, just freaks me the f*ck out.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Pinocchio: Pleasure Island or whatever it was called.
The monster carriage and the storm part at the beginning in An American Tail.
And oh dear god, Most of Basil the Great Mouse Detective

I was a pansy, huh?

Feb 13, 2008
JRiseley said:
The animals of Farthing Wood.

That was a horribly sad, sad, triste concept. You know, all of the characters are animals, and in one episode the Owl accidentally eats one of the sentient mice.
That was wonderfully realistic. And spine-chilling in the same way. Can you imagine any of these being remade today?

Unia said:
I still don't understand what kind of a tool would ever think Watership Down, as book or movie, is meant for children.
Thing is though, that was tame compared to some of the concepts we had to deal with, or our fore-fathers. Look up the ORIGINAL Grimm's Fairy Tales (meant for children) and then look on the Disney versions with a new horror.

Hell, Pocahontas alone.

Actually...take a look at this clip of stuff shown in the 70s. This was on usually during the children's television programmes.

Anyone growing up then has a very macabre sense already.

davion devil

Dec 17, 2009
i watched some gory anime like hellsing and gants and i said WTF when i came in the living room and noticed my 10 year old brother watching WaterShip Down and the General BITES THE NECK OF ANOTHER RABBIT AND KILLS HIM. This was on easter to even asked what kind of kids show is this.