G-Rated Films that scared us s***less.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
The The Hobbit animated. Probably rated PG but man those completely freaked me out. My dad used to watch them because he likes Tolkien and tried to get me to. I used to read sci-fi and fantasy like crazy but I still will not touch a Tolkien book because of that animated Gollum.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
saxist01 said:
"The Sandlot" and that damn huge dog!
My little cousin won't go near my eleven-year-old, epileptic miniature Schnauzer thanks to that movie, let alone a dog THAT size... >.>

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Not any really, I too had seen much worse by young ages.

MAYBE Rikki Tikki Tavy? Just because it put it in my mind that cobras could be in my backyard. (Hey, I was like 8 and there was a creek)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
When I was 3, I had a fear of the scene in the OLD Frosty the Snowman looking at the screen and saying, "Happy Birthday!"

How long until someone makes a demotivational out of that?

Wade-DeadPool

Oct 13, 2009
I...don't know what the "G-rating" means.. Don't have it in my country.
But i did get too see movies like Alien,Batman ect at the age of 8 soo... No?

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
2001 was a G film? I call bull....well I'll be damned. I'd have to say Brave Little Toaster, I'm sure those that have seen it likely know the part.

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
I may watch that Watership Down movie...

OT! Toy Story's re-animated disfigured toys did the trick!

EndlessCarnage

Oct 4, 2010
The clown and AC unit from Brave little toaster. Also Mr. Hyde from Pagemaster. Villain from Black Cauldron. The trees in Snow White scared me when I was little.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
The original True Grit. Fingers fly off, snakes still attack, people die brutally, but it was rated G. The MPAA wasn't that great at their job in the beginning.

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
Was Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory G rated? Because this scene freaked the HELL out of me.

Well, you win. Can't come up with anything that was scarier than that in a G-rated film.

To this day, that scene still gives me the creeps, but I couldn't even bear to watch it when I was small. Though, for a laugh, watch it with Rifftrax.

Also, I remember the Fire Gang in Labyrinth scaring me a bit when I was little, but... now they're just kind of amusing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Enemy Of The State said:
Nouw said:
Not sure if it's G but Pingu. Damn there can be some really freaky shit in there.
That walrus episode scared me as a kid. Seriously it is freaky.
Mmhmm, but I was referencing the episode where Pingu get's sent out at night and the scary looking ice blocks...nightmare fuel >.>

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
Ocelano said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
Ocelano said:
LinkSwitch said:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves...

CREEPY
The irony of calling a single woman living with seven men "snow white" is just laughable
Wait, what's ironic about it? She lives with them for like a day.
Not the version I heard as a kid. in that one she lived with them for a considerable team taking over various house duties the rest of my comment can be drawn from a slightly deviant imagination about what such duties may entail of course the disney version may have tried to sidestep that part
In the Disney film version she's there for a day. Anywho, how is sleeping with a bunch of short people ironic considering her name?
There height doesn't enter into it snow white symbolises purity in much the same way as a white wedding dress used to(Although if you try to tell a modern bride why she should choose a different colour she WILL slap you in the face, trust me on that)

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I can't remember the name, but it was animated trains that had to go around doing things. I have no recolection of the movies plot besides two thing. "I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!" and the snowy mountain that the poor little animated train had to go plowing towards. That movie was terrifing to me as a child.

I also found the original Ghostbusters to be a scary movie. Just because of the dogs. The scene with Dana(Sigorny Weaver) in the chair where hands come out and grab her... I had to sit on the floor for weeks after watching that...

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
I don't know if it's G-rated, I'm not an American, but:
Labyrinth!

Bowie was freaky as hell, and not to mention all those puppets.