G4 is dead to me

Requiem138

Dec 15, 2008
If any of you have been fans of the gaming network g4 you may know what Im getting at. You see every time I turn on the tv and try to watch a little xplay I find g4 is showing a cheaters marathon, or cops, or Robocop 3 (movies that dont suck my ass!). So I would go to there website and watch the reviews online. Now if you try a message comes up saying video review comming soon. I get it you get more add revenue from tv but if all you air are the cheapest movies and shows you can get your hands on isnt that just punishing your fanbase. If you agree go ahead and rant here cause they will delete your comments on the official site.

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
Wait... it took you this long to decide its dead? I thought all the original viewers decided this years ago...

DudeManBro

Apr 4, 2009
I watched G4 like 7 years or so ago, loved everyminute of it. now it has nothing to do with games.

Everything sucks about TV, thats the reason i stopped watching is because G4 helped me realize it.

ClockWork

Mar 18, 2009
I know, i hate cheaters, i wish they had more xplay, and maybe some of the old shows, like Portal

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, they're still alive at night.

Like vampires.

AoTS is alright...and X-Play at 8. So, they live for 90 minutes a day.

Shadowlolz

Mar 25, 2009
Well the original verdict was that it was dying and since it was being a dick to us right before the bus that is the network CEO's hit it we decided to leave it twiching on the grund.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Theo Samaritan said:
Wait... it took you this long to decide its dead? I thought all the original viewers decided this years ago...
Yyyyyup. It was great as TechTV. Then they were G4/TechTV, and it was just bad. Then it was G4 and it was terrible. Now? Now it doesn't even count as a television network. They show ONE good thing, and that's Fight Club. Even Xplay nowadays is just one review and then more filler bullcrap.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I liked TechTV more than I liked G4. When G4 took over TechTV I knew that it would suck. Judgment Day was awesome. Cheat was excellent, the male host was funnier and way more of a gamer and geek than the woman now. And catered to geeks, gamers, and hackers. Anime unleashed was cool. G4 ruined TechTV.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Yea but it's a digital cable network, they can't exactly afford the rights to movies that really don't suck: like Robocop 1. As for shows like cheaters, yea, I don't know what they're thinking. Although, I think Arrested Development is one of the best sitcoms of all time so I can't argue with them putting that up.

They had some interesting stuff on yesterday for 420 but that probably blew their budget so prepare for Jamie Kennedy marathons and Police Academy movies.

The hosts of all the original shows are sometimes funny (and in the case of most of the chicks) hot but they have terrible taste: they like games like No More Heroes and TV shows like Tim & Eric Good Job Blow Me.

DudeManBro

Apr 4, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Yea but it's a digital cable network, they can't exactly afford the rights to movies that really don't suck: like Robocop 1. As for shows like cheaters, yea, I don't know what they're thinking. Although, I think Arrested Development is one of the best sitcoms of all time so I can't argue with them putting that up.

They had some interesting stuff on yesterday for 420 but that probably blew their budget so prepare for Jamie Kennedy marathons and Police Academy movies.

The hosts of all the original shows are sometimes funny (and in the case of most of the chicks) hot but they have terrible taste: they like games like No More Heroes and TV shows like Tim & Eric Good Job Blow Me.
Hold the fuck up, No More Heroes is good man, but as for everything else you said, i agree.

FattyMcGee

Aug 13, 2008
GonzoGamer said:

oh god i hate tim and eric, makes me want to hunt them down

TheRockNRolla

Apr 9, 2009
Requiem138 said:
If any of you have been fans of the gaming network g4 you may know what Im getting at.
G4 stopped being a gaming network when they took over Tech-TV. Now they show stupid shit like Cops, over and over and over and over.

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
I kind of like Attack of the Show, sometimes the hosts can be funny, and it actually is nice to have sort of a 'nerd news' show to watch, and X-play is okay, rarely do they review games that I'm interested in though. But Cheaters, Cops, and "Movies the Don't Suck" all really need to be replaced with original gaming/nerd related programming.

Nitro_Hedgehog

Mar 25, 2009
the only reviewer when it comes to games that i can trust is ben croshaw and even then i don't entirely agree with him. G4 is dead indeed