G4TV, what happened to you?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'll say the same thing that happened to cartoon network, they flooded it with garbage killing the good shows in the process.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
carpathic said:
And seriously, Xplay used to be highly literate, funny and off the wall. Now it is just stupid with the beautiful Morgan being put in a corner.

And The Office reruns..what does that have to do with tech tv. Also, Code Monkeys is HARD to get in Canada now as well.

I totally agree with you is what I am saying.
Don't forget REALLY old episodes of cops. And Cheaters is in there too. I thought it was suppose to be entertainment for gamers and techies, not frat boys. Throw G4 in along with the other sell-out TV stations MTV and VH1.

John Doe123

Apr 8, 2010
G4 sucks nowadays. All they show is police shows and cheaters. The occasional attack of the show or x-play shows up, but like I said, occasional.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Onyx Oblivion said:
I still like the website. Sessler's Soapbox is fantastic. He actually knows stuff.
Yeah, I watch it every Tuesday. Adam Sessler is the only one who seems to know his stuff.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Aby_Z said:
Xplay is horrible nowadays. They tell you whether or not they like the game before they give us the review and that infuriates me!

Attack of the Show is still somewhat decent but more meh than anything.

Yes, I miss cinematic and cheat and I'm sure there was something else. G4TV just turned into MTV.
Oh, I forgot about Cheat! That show was great too. Too bad now its just a tiny segment of X-Play. I also hate "Pro" Gamer T-Squared. He serves no purpose to X-Play.

And Mr. Stark is a Halo biased moron who bashes any FPS that isn't a AAA title.
My question is who the fuck is "Mr" Stark, and why should anyone give a damn about his existence.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Snotnarok said:
I'll say the same thing that happened to cartoon network, they flooded it with garbage killing the good shows in the process.
WHAT HAPPENED TO BILLY AND MANDY DAMNIT!!!!!

OT: I only go there now to watch Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke. It's hard to go wrong with japanese television shows. (queue the cat weightlifting gameshow)

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
G4 used to be TV for nerds by nerds, but now they are trying to reach another demographic and are losing their nerd base. I like Ninja Warrior as much as the next guy, but it wears thin after a while.

AOTS has gone downhill recently

X-play is just niot the same without the crazy humor and actual reviews.

I miss Cheat. I know cheat codes to games I will never play. What a waste of perfectly good programing.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, G4 is totally Mtv'ing.

And that makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda.

But Adam Sessler's still probably the coolest guy on the network and, honestly, the only reason I even watch X-Play anymore...

I can hear his voice in my dreams...

"...And that's why we give Mr. Space Marine's Adventure 7: Alien Dinner Party a four out of five."

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
my vote is for the old school G4.....not a fan of all the non-video game related shows....Yeah....Cinematech was badass (especially the late night one where they showed the crazy ass cutscenes and movies). The X-play where they actually got around to reviewing more than 2-3 games an episode. *Sigh* those were the good ol' days......I don't want episodes of cops from the 1990s, I get enough of those type of shows on TrueTV.
Although I do loves me some Ninja Warrior....and of course......Women of Ninja Warrior.....but none of that American Ninja Warrior that they are ad'ing up now, that shiz just looks dumb

CZS PublicEnemy

Aug 29, 2009
Yah G4 is just a big joke now. I can't imagine someone that can sit through marathons of cops and cheaters. I mean jesus.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
G4TV is an insult to gamers and techheads alike if you ask me. Where's Yahtzee's Game Damage!? Also, am I the only guy who gets the immediate urge to punch ANYBODY who is on AOTS or X-Play these days? Seriously, call us Gamer Elitists but we know when someone's become a sell-out to their subculture!

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
There is no doubt G4 is going downhill. I enjoy watching Ninja Warrior more than any of the other programs on it, and that's probably not a good sign. Olivia Munn is hot as hell though.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
Blair Herter (Not Blair Butler, she's the Comic chick on AOTS) is the Jimmy Fallon of G4. Laughs at his own jokes even when theyarent funny. (which is always).

Harry Buddha Palm

Oct 22, 2008
I liked AOTS when Sarah Lane was co-host. She actually knew what she was talking about. Then she left and they replaced her with BimbOlivia Dumm and the show started on a downward spiral. It used to be funny and informative then it became nothing but dumb youtube clips and "Hey! Look at Olivia! She's pretty!" over and over. I quit watching after the 1000th episode.

Sidenote: When you people say you hate Blair Butler, do you mean Blair Herter?

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I haven't had a subscription to G4 for several years, and it seems like I haven't missed anything. Last time I watched it was at a friends'. We watched Hurl! and Unbeatable Banzuke, and I thought to myself "what the hell do these have to do with gamer culture, or games at all?".

I can still see Reviews on the Run and EP on CityTV, and those were my favorites anyway. Looks like I'll never go back.

Oh, yeah and Code Monkeys. God, I'll never forget that show. Mostly because of all the fat people jokes and pixellated wangs.