Gabe Newell Goes Down Under Thanks to Internet

NotHisRealName

Jul 15, 2009
I'd really like to see Gabe manage to have a sit-down with (I think it is) the South Australian Governor General that refuses to seriously sit down and talk about the possibility of an 18+ game rating.

And, as has been stated... if all seems to go poorly, pull out the crowbar, and have the GG make room for someone with common sense.

Sibbo

Mar 6, 2008
Zeeky_Santos said:
Sibbo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
He's probably going to get eaten by a kangaroo. That happens all the time down there, doesn't it?
No we have Dropbears an animal closely related to the koala only not a lazy shite that sleeps all day. They wait in trees for small mammels such as wallabies and Tasmanian devils to walk underneath the tree, then they drop out of the tree fall on their prey and devour them. They have been known to attack small children and on a few occasions bodies of adult males have been found bearing their distinctive attack marks. Luckily since white settlers first arrived in the 1700's the numbers of Dropbears have declined greatly due to hunting and they can be found only in isolated pockets infrequented by humans. Several research groups like the CSIRO are currently conducting studies on the remaining population.
oddly enough the best know Dropbear repelant for campers is Vegimite, just smear some on your arms (in moderation) and you will be fine, for a few nights.

God bless our country.
Although toothpaste is known to work in a pinch.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
You know what? While he's there, he should rally all of the Australian gamers to overthrow their ratings board. Start a revolution, and all that. Failing a revolution, at least get some protests going.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
SnowCold said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
He's probably going to get eaten by a kangaroo. That happens all the time down there, doesn't it?
More likly that he would eat a kangaroo.
Kangaroos are delicious! I once had a kangaroo burger and it was the best burger I ever had.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
AND THEN GABE NEWELL FLEW DOWN TO AUSTRALIA TO TRY OUT A MOD BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS USELESS IN THIS DAY AND AGE.

But seriously, 3000? Woah.

Moneh. Lotsa moneh.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Sadly, despite the optimism, there is nothing ANYONE in the ENTIRE WORLD can do that will get L4D2 cleared for Australian release, with the sole exception of assassinating Michael Atkinson. It is no exaggeration to say that he is SOLELY AND SINGLEHANDEDLY responsible for the lack of an R18+ rating for games in Australia and he cannot be convinced to change his views by any means whatsoever since he is 100% convinced that he knows better than every single person on the entire planet. Think like Jack Thompson, only in an actual position of power.

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
I can't think of any more good words to say about valve, to other publishers / developers out there reading this, watch and learn!

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
Am I the only one also bedazzled by the size of that FREAKING MONITOR!?!?!
i think thats a plasma TV, not a monitor

SomeBritishDude said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
It'd have to be a pretty hungry kangaroo to eat Gabe.
or have a few friends.