Game Art

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I was inspired by the 'is gaming art?' threads. This, however, is nothing like those. If you feel this need to post your theory on how gaming is art, I suggest you go to one of those threads instead.

Game art!

What's your favorite art from a game?

What's the game with your favorite graphics?

Which character in a game has been drawn the coolest?

Who is your favorite gaming artist? Do you even know of any artists that work on games?

What game has the weirdest art?

What game has the worst art?

And what game's box art is the best/worst to you?

Feel free to post pictures of art (as it wouldn't be a good thread otherwise). If you post a picture from a popular artist who didn't work for the game, itself, please give creds.

For example, I freaking loved the graphics and art concepts from Monster Hunter Tri.

I also love the graphics (and character art) of Xenoblade. And the monster of Shadow of the Collosus. Freaking sweet.

As for drawn art and artists... My memory suddenly draws a blank. I'll get back to you on that.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I really enjoy the artwork on MGS, though I don't know who does it.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
bahumat42 said:
Blizzard should really just make movies at this point.
This! My friend got me the WoW Battle Chest and Rise of the Lich King to get me to get into it, and the cinematics for all that crap was awesome. Then I played the game and it consisted of him telling me to go here and kill 20 things to loot 20 things from their bodies then come back and learn a skill then go back to the same place to kill some more different things for their 20 things, except their thing only has a 33% drop rate, etc... And when combat consists of right-clicking and hot keys, it's hardly the cinematic masterpiece the FMVs make it out to be.

Blizzard producing an animated fantasy movie would be all kinds of badass.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I like the architecture in the Assassin's Creed games. Makes me disappointed they're taking them to America.

Reep

Jul 23, 2008
I've always loved the art from the Halo games, the Forerunners just have some freaking awesome architecture and tech, but my all time favourite is the art from Darksiders and i was actually fortunately lucky enough to meet the lead artist for Darksiders from Vigil.

I haven't even played the game i just watch my brother play it its that pretty.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Xenogears has some really lovely art in it. I always loved the art of capcom vs SNK too. I mean, seriously

that shit is dope. (artist: shinkiro)

Guilty Gear probably has some of my favorite art, though. Really great character design too. I believe I own three art books.

In terms of graphics, I really love the shitty pseudo 3D sprites that Treasure used in a lot of their games. Dunno why, I just really love that aesthetic. Viewtiful Joe and and Okami are up there too.

Oh yeah, can't forget about Odin Sphere.