Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So lemme get this straight- a "special edition" of a DLC which probably means paying a lot more in advance for a digital game that hasn't come out yet for some extra merchandise crap. And this will be ok not like Star Wars because we love FromSoftware but hate Ubisoft.

Look.. whatever. Don't lecture me about evil Ubisoft again, I know, I know, I'm must trying to keep up with gamr culture here.
I think the main reason From Software gets away with it in this case, merchandising aside, because they've always delivered on DLC that's either half as long or almost as long and as great as the base game. Sometimes even better. Compared to Ubisoft, where they've always cut, nickel, and dimed out content that was part of or should have been part of the base game it's in the charge at way higher prices to an overall worser product. Or the products not even finished and broken at launch. Not to mention Ubisoft is a much bigger company so they have no excuse for the poor quality control. FS it's much bigger now than they were a decade ago and have more staff, but they're still smaller compared to Ubisoft, yet have way higher quality control in most of their games. Ironic, because a lot of their games Before Dark Souls were niche and had some type of jank.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
So lemme get this straight- a "special edition" of a DLC which probably means paying a lot more in advance for a digital game that hasn't come out yet for some extra merchandise crap. And this will be ok not like Star Wars because we love FromSoftware but hate Ubisoft.

Look.. whatever. Don't lecture me about evil Ubisoft again, I know, I know, I'm must trying to keep up with gamr culture here.
Ehh…regarding the special edition least, it’s there for collectors so of course that’ll cost more. A quick look on PureArts’ website, even without the other stuff (including the $40 dlc), that price is on the low end for an 18” figure. There’s also a 1:1 scale helmet of Messmer going for $190, whereas there’s full-figure Assassin’s Creed stuff at 1:6 scale going for more than twice that.

When FROM starts filling their games with MTXs/loot boxes/NFT’s or whatnot , online requirements for single player, and wants you to feel comfortable not owning your games, then you’d have more of a point. FROMSOFT bought the Elden Ring IP from BN too, so this might be the last instance they're associated with it as a publisher.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan