Game Articles and Videos Thread

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Haven't kept up much with gaming news and upcoming releases, but saw this one it has my curiosity piqued. It looks like Dark Souls and Bloodbourne meet Devil May Cry.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Haven't kept up much with gaming news and upcoming releases, but saw this one it has my curiosity piqued. It looks like Dark Souls and Bloodbourne meet Devil May Cry.

Perhaps you would also be interested in this dark Pinocchio game called Lies of P in a similar vein? (I keep remembering it as Life of Pi annoyingly)

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Perhaps you would also be interested in this dark Pinocchio game called Lies of P in a similar vein? (I keep remembering it as Life of Pi annoyingly)

That does look intriguing as well; thank you. I don't know what it is about, I dunno, Victorian(?) era fantasy that's just captivating.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Project Magnum -

Could either be really good or really bad, depending on how they handle progression and shooting mechanics.

But whoo doggy that’s a bangin trailer. Game engine/gameplay or go home.

Last edited:
Reactions: stroopwafel

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Further proof why just adding something "new" does not automatically make it good nor better. Just give me a good ass rail shooter, Nintendo!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
For those that care or are interested. I am only posting this because I like Gman. Other, Ubisoft can still fuck off.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
For those that care or are interested. I am only posting this because I like Gman. Other, Ubisoft can still fuck off.

Didn’t watch it all but from some of the comments it sounds like he might be trying to excuse SP micro transactions though (because of course Ubishit put them in there) which is surprising and disappointing as this shit should be fought by everyone with a voice on YouTube.

Example -

thepupp3tmast3r
Respectfully disagree with you Gman around monetizing resources in a single player game. The issue is that it incentives developers to create grindy content that is not engaging or fun by design, and then offering a solution to the problem they intentionally created to drive MTX sales. This is bad for everyone involved because the players can't choose how grindy the game is, we can only decide whether we put up with it, or whether we pay our way out of the issue the DEVs intentionally created (and knew about) in order to monetize the solution. In addition to that, it's also bad because it gives additional business cases for DEVs to not support modding for their PC community (because modders can take away the grind for example).

It has 1.1K thumbs up so far.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Didn’t watch it all but from some of the comments it sounds like he might be trying to excuse SP micro transactions though (because of course Ubishit put them in there) which is surprising and disappointing as this shit should be fought by everyone with a voice on YouTube.

Example -

thepupp3tmast3r
Respectfully disagree with you Gman around monetizing resources in a single player game. The issue is that it incentives developers to create grindy content that is not engaging or fun by design, and then offering a solution to the problem they intentionally created to drive MTX sales. This is bad for everyone involved because the players can't choose how grindy the game is, we can only decide whether we put up with it, or whether we pay our way out of the issue the DEVs intentionally created (and knew about) in order to monetize the solution. In addition to that, it's also bad because it gives additional business cases for DEVs to not support modding for their PC community (because modders can take away the grind for example).

It has 1.1K thumbs up so far.
I watch the video yesterday, and he at no point tried to make excuses for the micro transactions. He was even hoping that they don't do it nor put a big emphasis on it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gameology has some good videos, and their bests are usually the martial artists or trained fighters.