Game based on Dante's Inferno...

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
How come no one has mentioned this as of yet?

http://www.dantesinferno.com/home.action

Jonathan Hexley

Jul 4, 2008
I've heard it mentioned a few times.
I've heard that Devil May Cry drew quite a bit from The Divine Comedy, but I only know the names. I tried reading it, but I couldn't even get past the intro.

EDIT: Just so people won't chew on my arse a bit more.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I don't understand what they're thinking. Dante was not a badass, he was a poet, he also passed out three times in the beginning of the story from fear; who is this badass warrior cramming sacred religious symbols into wraiths' heads?

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
It might be an interesting idea if he *isn't* a badass. We could have actual horror...

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
this may actually be a scary game. it looks scary, it has a scary atmosphere and, besides the Hannibal series, it's based off of the scariest book I've ever read so it might not be a bad game! however how much you want to bet that they will make it a cheesy clone of a much scarier game like silent hill or resident evil

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I have not read Dante's Inferno but know a little about it. It's either going to be a good game(I am doubtful) or a Action Game about a badass basically blaspheming the shit out of Dante's Inferno.

On second thoughts, either way Blaspheming with probably be a gameplay mechanic

Ibaapzo

Dec 25, 2008
Arsen said:
How come no one has mentioned this as of yet?

http://www.dantesinferno.com/home.action
YEAH! Haven't seen anything but the trailer yet; don't want to make any assumptions until I hear more information, but I'm keeping an eye out for more info. :D

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
Next thing you know: Anthem, The Great Gatsby, and many other books that have no business being games will be games.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
buddee1 said:
this may actually be a scary game. it looks scary, it has a scary atmosphere and, besides the Hannibal series, it's based off of the scariest book I've ever read so it might not be a bad game! however how much you want to bet that they will make it a cheesy clone of a much scarier game like silent hill or resident evil
Inferno hardly seemed scary. In fact, it's portrayal of Hell made me think "Well, being burdened by a heavy lead cloak and wandering on a desolate plain that rains embers and ash would suck for a bit but surely you'd get used to it".

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
If it sells well expect such classics like "Macbeth" to become the next Oblivion or "Of Mice and Men" to be the adult Harvest Moon!

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
Its impossible to make an action game based on the actual work, as the Divine Comedy is more description and dimension than anything else. All it will be is a complete rapage of the story.

Starnerf

The X makes it sound cool
Jun 26, 2008
Is this actually based on the book in any way beyond the setting? Or are you just some guy fighting his way through Dante's vision of hell?