Game characters need real jobs ¬_¬

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Its high time game characters stopped having fun doing what they do and got real jobs like the rest of us, earn a living instead of feeding on the cash we pay to watch them have fun ¬_¬

So on that note :D Lets continue whats being done here:

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23GameCharacterswithRealJobs

Give characters a job :D

Womb raider (Midwife)

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Are you sure that's such a good idea? Look what happened when the TF2 team had to look for new jobs:
Well, the Scout would probably make a good infomercial salesman:

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Flagon Age.
You play an innkeeper in Ferelden, occasionally an adventurer comes in and gets piss drunk and you have to recite the same five pieces of gossip to them.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I work with kids who are in and out of juvie all the time. Yeah, let's see how Kratos does...

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Mario is a plumber...kinda. Link bounces between rancher, pirate, and railroad engineer. Samus is a bounty hunter. I suppose Kirby doesn't have a job, but I don't think he'll ever go hungry.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well ok Travis Touchdown had like over ten very shot temporary jobs (Cocont picker, Kitten finder, filling petrols to car and etc) so I say he should stick to one of them!
Alternatively he would have a blast bein a sale assistant in a anime related shop (like Forbidden Planet) being a otaku.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Robert Ewing said:
Gordon freeman should get a job as a scientist or something. Oh wait
But I thought he was a....oh, I see what you did there :D

Yeah, but look how long his coffee break was, its spanned over 4 games :/ Spending more time beating up aliens instead of working on sciency stuff :/ Could be discovering the cure to cander or something, instead he's having paintball matches with the combine.

daydreamerdeluxe

Jun 26, 2009
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/] is all about this topic, it's the really butch guys (and girls, occasionally) from video games, like Kratos, Duke, Hawke etc being rehabilitated from their old jobs of murdering everyone and everything and helping them integrate into society.

This should be a rule, shouldn't it? "If you can think of it, it's probably a webcomic somewhere"?