Game Dogs: Episode Nine: Crunch

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
ninjajoeman said:
I dont get why are they dogs...cats are always funnier not because I'm a cat fan just that all the stuff that people laugh at is a cat falling/scared/dancing with/on/in a box/music/stupid stuff that always makes you laugh
Or in other words....LOLCATS FTW. Speaking of why is it that in movies and shows and such why are the characters talking dogs with cats as the bad guys?

CuervoJoe

Apr 13, 2009
Oh God, the last tag...lol.
Awesome intro, Bob not Gary! And new audience joke!

Good ep, keep this up.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
If theres one thing I can say about this series is its inconsistant, by which i mean to me it seems to go up and down a lot, like every other week, like they had a good eppisode with "KCD" but a bad eppisode with "cleric" followed by a good eppisode with "feature creep" but a bad eppisode with "jennifer" and now a good eppisode with "crunch"... so should i expect a bad one next week? :p

Still that said the series has improved from the start and is still entertaining even if some of the eppisodes dont go down as well with me as others, just keep up the good work guys.

Also I'll go ahead and pretty much re-itterate whats been said in the forums (and what ive personally been thinking) from the beggining, why in the comments are there so many people who come back saying how terrible it is after the week before proclaiming how they will never watch it again and bla bla bla... if you dont like it dont watch it, if you have constructive criticism by all means give it but dont just yell it sucks and pout, remember your opinion doesnt equal everyone elses opinion, some like it, is that so hard for you to appreciate

Oh and a final note, the whole "sigh" thing doesnt bother me but thats because I'm one of those people who says sigh instead of sighing anyway... not sure why I do I just do... and it irritates my friends, always a bonus :p

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Best episode so far

You changed the intro quote, did something with that un-funny Studio Audience gag (I had a feeling you were gonna change that at some point),

But the actual episode itself? Hilarious!

'You're goddamn right'

Best quote so far

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
Good! Chet was starting to turn into one of those one-dimensional Tim Buckley characters. The kind that are lazy and very stupid but everyone still loves them. Game Dogs needs less Chet

Shepsauce

Sep 21, 2009
Much improved! Last week's episode was utter garbage, I'm really glad to see the show back in form.

Snapette

Mar 1, 2010
bad_karma said:
The saving grace for this show is its voice acting. The character designs are done well enough and while they're not bad; the writing doesn't hit any mark. If it weren't for the title, I'd have no idea whether the show is trying to cater to d20 geeks, game makers, artists, office workers, management, producers, programmers, or something else. It offers fatally impersonal characters (even in a cartoon world) with few clever laughs outside of referencing dogs, smashing things, and terrible office banter. The language is dated (though that doesn't matter) and the characters are still trying to find their role. I'm still waiting for "It sure looks like someone's having a case of the Mondays". I tend to keep peeking at every episode with the same intrigue held while watching a train wreck or an explosive car crash.
I believe I understand your perspective for the most part. And yes, it can be irresistible at times to watch something with the expectation of it being truly awful...morbid curiosity and all that...however, one would think that after a certain number of weeks those who aren't fans might be able to either find SOMEthing positive to say about it, or finally give up on it and ignore the new episodes...at any rate, I like the voice acting as well.
Also, I'm not sure that it really matters whether all, none, or some of those groups are included in the target audience, assuming there is one. Anyone who likes or is familiar with almost any aspect of the cartoon's subject matter could be a potential fan.
Some of the criticism left in comments is actually constructive, polite, and intelligent, and I can see where the folks are coming from. This show is far from perfection or being masterpiece material; it's just fun. I don't think the makers are doing too bad of a job.

Finally...I'd still love to know precisely what it is that bothers so many people about hearing the word "Sigh" pronounced in a sighing voice...??? (Whoever said 'sigh' isn't a word but an action...um...I'm not even going there!) That really boggles me. Of all things to find annoying! I wouldn't think you'd even give that too much thought. It's hardly different from a regular wordless sigh.

MetalL3Mendez

Feb 28, 2010
Do you have a steam profile? This will make a good Garry's mod video. And one more thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
This show is to me like two and a half men,and by that i mean i never really laugh that much.Only at specific times is it laugh out loud funny.Yet I am compelled to see the next episode to see what happens...vary odd,and while I don't really laugh,I do smile.

Hope you guys don't get canceled!

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
I gotta admit, I was very satisfied when Roger put Chet in his place. I was starting to get REALLY annoyed when he decided he wasn't going to do anything at all to help. I hate characters that are inexplicably still employed or still have friends when they screw other people over, just because they're "charming" or "witty". The whole "Well you just lost the company millions of dollars and should be fired for your incompetence, but GOSHDARNIT you're so funny and cute that I'll guess we'll keep ya!" thing is...disgustingly unrealistic.

littlerudi08107 said:
Good! Chet was starting to turn into one of those one-dimensional Tim Buckley characters. The kind that are lazy and very stupid but everyone still loves them. Game Dogs needs less Chet
YES. THIS. To be honest, it's personally getting to the point where I only like Roger. He's the only one that seems like a character with original personality. Chet and Beth are such cookie cutter characters that become cliche and annoying fairly quickly.

And I know it's been said before, but...please. Stop with Beth's onomatopoeia talk. It feels way too much like a forced catchphrase...that no one likes. Although I do like and appreciate the changes to the intro!

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
Facial expressions :p

Though Beth still says *sigh* instead of sighing, which is still annoying XD

I must say I liked last week's episode more than this one, but that doesn't mean this one wasn't good. Especially Roger's reaction to Chet was funny. :)

Davinator

Apr 15, 2009
Oh good, the beginning was changed. That makes up for all the bland cliches and stereotypes in the rest of the video...right? This is just sad.

The jokes here are ALL formula jokes and serve no purpose. Even the awkward character at the beginning failed to stir emotion. I feel the animation isn't done wholeheartedly. I watch Apoc. Lane all the time and, somehow, Jon's style seems to work there, but here...well...it seems kinda' dragged down.

I really think the only reason this show is allowed to run is because of Russ. It gets my vote as the worst feature on here, even with all the other commentary videos and such.

WTB original humor and characters.