Game Dogs: Episode Two: Break Room

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Was boring as hell, then they said "radical" twice.

Giant YAWN. Pilot was funnier. Not that it was funny, it WAS more fun.

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
Is it going to be bad for me to say that this sort of humor applies only to smart people?

Because that is the vibe I am getting around here.....

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
yoyo13rom said:
OT: Russ' work isn't that funny, nor good,actually I can't remember anything memorable coming from him. He may be the big chief, but all the good stuff only comes from his staff, which are pretty talented people. And this is quite a shame. If he would let the writing to someone else probably the show would improve.
Try reading his latest Editor's Note [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/editors_note/7045-Editors-Note-Editors-Choice].

twesterm

Feb 25, 2009
Ugh, they use the comedy and humor tags pretty loosely here don't they?

I gave the first two episodes a try and my time would be better spent watching The Phantom Menace. The show is just awful.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Warstratigier said:
Is it going to be bad for me to say that this sort of humor applies only to smart people?

Because that is the vibe I am getting around here.....
Yeah, "humor for smart people" means "you don't like it, you're an idiot". Because if you don't like it, you must be stupid ;d

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
It was very meh for me, that whole pulling out the sword and stuff seemed very outta place, I get that that was the humor but didnt appeal to me. Ill watch a few more weeks and see if it picks up once everyone is more characterised and a plot gets underway, what I wouldnt give for a show to match UF season 1 :)

twesterm

Feb 25, 2009
Oh, and it was bad enough they did the clerks gag this show was animated before a life studio audience but then they use it twice in a row?

Protip: if you see someone do something funny and clever, it's alright to make your own twist on it but don't copy it word for word. It's lame and lazy.

Another protip: Don't use the same joke over and over again, especially if it's one you copied nearly word for word from something else.

One last protip: When you have a six minute show, you probably shouldn't spend a minute of that on opening and closing credits. It's bad enough they felt the need for a long opening *and* closing sequence, but they say the exact same thing!

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
No one really mentioned just how lame it is to use a Office Space Joke involving that other dog being like Milton. I like Office Space I don't need to see jokes about it in other places.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I found Bob funny, but other than that, I was rather bored throughout this entire thing.... yeah, a rather disappointing series so far.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Irridium said:
Eh, wasn't as good as the last one. It seemed too long. Perhaps shortening the time to about 4-5 minuts would be better.

Worgen said:
radical..... I dont think Ive heard that since the 90s
People said that in the 90's?
teenage mutant ninja turtles did

thedobaga

Mar 26, 2009
I think it has potential, it's just not at its fullest quite yet.

As for the overuse of the word radical, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be speaking like the ultimate badasses or anything. Especially the programmer dog, he doesn't seem like the kind of dog that would use a very "hip" vocabulary.

All in all, I think it COULD be good, but it's just not quite there yet.

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
This one was quite funny, funnier than the pilot. However, this series still hasn't got the same humour level other series do. I guess it needs time, but if it's gonna take many more episodes you will lose a large part of your initial audience.

I guess I'll keep watching, got just enough humour to make it worthwhile (that's not an excuse to slack off now, you do need to improve the jokes).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
the "Zelda" game idea ran on a little too long. Actually, a lot too long.

Otherwise, solid.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
I really don't know what mood you're trying to impose on here.

Seems like humor, but the humor is dry and the delivery is really bad. I'd take it on a serious note, but you keep switching back to humor.

Really, what you need to do is figure out what kind of direction you're trying to go on. Are you going pure storyline, or you doing a little skit show? Again in your 'not choosing a directionness', you did a skit in the premier, and here is a storyline thing here.

There's nothing epic about this, the humor isn't delivered and is very inconsistent. Russ, it's cool and all, but I wouldn't make any more until you figure out what you want to do with the show.