Game endings that just ruined almost the entire game for you.

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Tyrant T100 said:
STALKER Clear Sky.
It's my favourite game in the series and it's a prequel to Shadow of Chernobyl so I can understand the ending but it felt very rushed.
You don't find anything out about what happens to your character or your allies in the Clear Sky faction at the end, did you survive or die.
It's implied that the player character and everyone else was absorbed into the Monolith, the rest of Clear Sky were likely dissolved afterward.

It is also implied that the player character is one of the Exoskeleton wearing monolith members in the Chernobyl NPP at the end of the first game wielding the Vitorez. Though that is just from the wiki.

Innegativeion said:
Slash Dementia said:
Fable 2 - I didn't even get to kill the last person. I didn't even want to touch the game after that.
Big epic build up to finally taking your vengeance. That whole suitably horrifying dream sequence. The hellish flames leading up to the exit. The solemn arrival at the tattered spire.

The plot comes full circle when you drain his powers but it's all incredible underwhelming in appearance.

and even if you DO kill him yourself, there is nothing.

No epic boss battle.

No detailed death sequence.

Nothing. You just killed a frail old man. I don't know if that was supposed to be symbolic or something, but a defenseless old guy doesn't belong as your last boss for a fantasy game like fable. At least not the way they presented it.

Something similar for Fable 3; in which the crawler reveals himself to be a marvelously nonthreatening pansy, continues to inexplicably have NO explanation or origin, and its armies disappear completely after its "core" is killed, making the cores presence in your capitol city absolutely baffling.
It's especially anticlimactic since the final boss in the original game (Lost Chapters anyway) was a
Dragon

Jaksteri

Dec 6, 2011
Command & Conquer 4.

While it didn't ruin the game(kinda hard to ruin a game that despite fresh aproach betrayed it's exeptations) it did cause me to hit my head to desk.

No matter how much I do like the character and the saga, the way the ending was done killed all love for C&C. In nutshel the last words of the game "Kane's gone? Yeah right."

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Take your pick with any of the Assassins Creed games. As a history buff, I love crawling around all the interesting places, then they always end the game with all the weird sci-fi crap that explains nothing and leaves me scratching my head every time.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
WorldofHarvis said:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game was quite fun but the hell guys. I'm not gonna talk about it because anyone who played it will know what I mean.

:(
Yeah, it was a bitter pill to swallow, but it is a prequel and has to end in a way that is logical with the rest of the games in the series. What's funny is the fact that, to be a canon ending, its wiki states that the game has to end with you destroying the whole facility - killing everyone on board. I doubt that anyone chose this option first and only did it to get the achievement.

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
hermes200 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4.
You just couldn't give Snake a dignified dead, eh Kojima? I guess the chance of MGS5 and the possibility of fans camping outside your house because "whaaa, whaaa, Snake can't die" were too big a detriment?
Well... F you. You take away what could be a pretty epic closure and change the entire world to a pink, sweet, disney-like version so that they could live happily ever after. In fact, forget that... at least Disney had the balls to kill Mufasa at the beginning of the movie and LEAVE HIM DEAD!
Oh, man. You should totally read this: http://metagearsolid.org/reports_mgs4_soldout_1.html

It's this guy's (pretty convincing) theory about how kojima not only didn't want to make MGS4 at all but how disillusioned and disappointed he was with the fanbase while making it.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
hermes200 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4.
You just couldn't give Snake a dignified dead, eh Kojima? I guess the chance of MGS5 and the possibility of fans camping outside your house because "whaaa, whaaa, Snake can't die" were too big a detriment?
Well... F you. You take away what could be a pretty epic closure and change the entire world to a pink, sweet, disney-like version so that they could live happily ever after. In fact, forget that... at least Disney had the balls to kill Mufasa at the beginning of the movie and LEAVE HIM DEAD!
what the hell are you talking about? yust because there making MGS5 doesnt mean there going to use snake again, if there going to use snake again they can yust make another clone or the better option of using another character or hell another prequel.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
Littlebigplanet.....I spent so much time trying to beat the damn collectors lair.....and when I did.....I.....I.....I don't even wanna talk about it ;~;

Havok2099

Aug 24, 2011
Freakin' Dark Messiah, I loved the game to death, but when you don't really get a epic showdown boss fight at the end of a game, it kinda makes me feel ripped off.
Besides that, Knights of the Old Republic 2, which was a worthy sequel, right up till the last planet, then it was all down hill for me.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
Deus Ex:Human Revolution's ending was the most recent ending that did this. It was just a multiple choice question, which ends up leaving all of the endings with no weight. Furthermore. there's an after credit scene, which, in my opinion, implies that only one of the endings might have been canon, further devaluing the finale.

LadyDeadly

Mar 5, 2011
FABLE 3.

EVERYONE DIED BECAUSE I WAS TOO NICE.

INCLUDING MY BOYFRIEND AND MY GIRLFRIEND.

AUGHHHHH.

Drtfgf5

May 24, 2011
For me... It'd be the ending for the original Fallout, they just kick you out.
The other one would be Fallout 3, just have to start from a older save or wait for the Broken Steel DLC.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
A GOOD ending shows that the actions of the player have made an impact, whether people know it or not.

So LA Noire fucked its ending up HORRIBLY. The final mission kinda made sense, but the way it ended, there was no indication that the people behind the conspiracy received just punishment for their crimes, just people lamenting over a certain someone's death. THAT'S IT. At least Red Dead Redemption showed you that your efforts in the finale weren't wasted.

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
Resonantscythe said:
hermes200 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4.
Oh, man. You should totally read this: http://metagearsolid.org/reports_mgs4_soldout_1.html

It's this guy's (pretty convincing) theory about how kojima not only didn't want to make MGS4 at all but how disillusioned and disappointed he was with the fanbase while making it.
Oh man, thank you for this. It provides at least some insight (albeit purely speculative and unconfirmed) into the mystery why MGS4 was such a mind melting catastrophe all around.
The author of that article actually made a series out of it, each being a part of his hints that hideo just hated the idea of having to make mgs4

http://metagearsolid.org/reports_mgs4_kojimaVSmgs4.html

And I have to say I agree. While I have seen people who were known for making great things, be it games, movies, etc. come up with stinkers, it just didn't make sense for mgs4. All the pieces were there, why didn't they fit? This guy helped me see why, even if it is just unconfirmed musings.

Back on topic: One more here for the Deus ex HR party, it felt like such a phoned-in thing.
And I'd like to add: Infamous 2

That fact that they repeated the problem of the first game with either you're this self-sacrificing goodie two shoes or a near-moraless asshole was one thing, but the fact that both the endings leave no room for speculation of what happened after (All conduits are dead, even unactivated ones!, cole is killing millions to save the few that are conduits) and that the good ending tries to have it both ways by having a sequel tease at the last second, was just obnoxious.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Sirron Kcuch said:
Borderlands
Nah, I'm kidding, I didn't even beat it. It was that bad
I was going to say Borderlands. It was boring all the way through. I was hoping the ending would at least give me something to enjoy. Nope. It's the worst ending a game could have.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Saints Row the Third has more than one ending, but my god the ending where you
save Shaundi is absolutely horrible.