Game endings that made you sad

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Red Dead redemption's
Infamous 2 both endings but the evil ending
making me press the button to kill Zeke, man I curled up and sobbed like a baby after that

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Award for saddest game ending definitely goes to Chrono Trigger, and be warned because it's very very sad, a bunch of kittens jump into a Gate and get lost in time. o_O

Also, the saddest thing that I've ever seen is smokers outside the hospital doors.

3LANCER

Sep 11, 2008
Both Syberia games
all in all, the whole games are a melancholy ride, the endings are just a raft on the river of sadness

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
HOW IS PERSONA 3 NOT ON THIS TOPIC?

That this is the mother of all bittersweet endings, especially if you were emotionally invested in all of the characters.

Oh well, at least you got an awesome final boss fight before it.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
InFamous 2 (Both endings)
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock 2
Kira Kira (Kirari's Route)
God of War 3

Out of those seven endings, four of them were tear-jerkers. I'll leave it for you to identify which.

lysiaboy

Feb 17, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks LA Noire? that game probably had the best storyline of anything this year, and the ending is so so very sad.

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
TheSolemnHypnotic said:
Crisis Core was the most disgustingly sad game ever.
Yeah, but if you played the original game, you should've know that was how it was going to end going in.
Trouble is, knowing made no difference! I've played VII to death, and I knew exactly how this was going to, had to, end. But when it did, somehow my subconscious was hoping it wouldn't. And yes, I ended up crying like a little girl.

Dragon Age: Origins made me cry as well, and frankly, the ending to just about every Final Fantasy I've ever played had me reaching for the Kleenex, even one like VIII where it had a happy ending! I was OK, until the bit with Laguna by the gravestone, and then the lip started wobbling, and I was gone...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
even though I got a pretty decent ending in fallout NV it still felt kind of sad....

and the orignial (botched) ending to FO3? ughhh dont get me started there...thank god I didnt play without DLC, that would have driven me mad