Game genres that would be terrible combined?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I don't know if this is bad or good, I can't decide,

Professor Layton and the Chains of Olympus.
Whereby the villagers set about puzzles for you to progress before you rip the puzzles apart, the villager to shreds and kick their dog (for massive damage!).

Marc Echo presents, Getting Up The Collosus.... in which you play a snotty nosed loud mouth yank, in order to bring his respect back you must search the land for great beast's, so you climb up them and spray paint THE SHIT OUT OF THEIR FACES!.

KillBone, Sony and Nintendo join forces to create the years big hit, Train your soldier from Rookie to Major, activities including hazing the insubortinate rookie, including revolutionary SHOUT LIKE A DRILL SERGEANT gameplay.

Final Fantasy 7, Dirge of the L block. Squeenix takes the timeless formula of Tetris and completly fuck it up by forcing you to be a level 50 L block before making the rows vanish, Epic storytelling including the Square block dying half way through the game after the Straight block stabs him through his greyscale body!.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Trauma Center and Pokemon

It would be a game in which you spend your time raising diseased organs to fight against other diseased organs.

Lung used cancer!
Jade Goody used Media Sympathy.
THE ATTACK WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Fraught said:
FPS with RTS.

But an RPG FPS would be awesome.

I don't know any other 2 genres that is possible to combine, except RPG + FPS or RTS, and they both work pretty well.
There is an RPG FPS. Its Fallout 3. :D

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Final Fantasy and Resident Evil. Ahhh!¬ There's a zombie, he's gonna get me, he's gonna get me, he'sgonnagetme... Huh? Random battle?

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
Fraught said:
FPS with RTS.

Basically it's impossible, because when it'd be an FPS, being in a big army (which sucks, since FPSs are better if you're the lone hero) doesn't make it an RTS.

I don't know any other 2 genres that is possible to combine, except RPG + FPS or RTS, and they both work pretty well.
RPG FPS: Deux Ex, Bioshock (to a lesser extent, but still)

bloob

Feb 10, 2008
i would say a turn based FPS would be pretty boring, like playing Fallout 3 only using the VAT system.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Fraught said:
FPS with RTS.
Done and done.

Battlezone. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlezone_(1998_video_game)]

And it actually wasn't too shabby. I liked it a lot myself.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
Captain Schpack said:
Barbie and God of War

World of Warcraft and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Guitar Hero and Halo Wars
Lol, I can imagine Kratos going around a fluffy pink island slaughtering ponnies and dudes that look like Ken

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
Captain Schpack said:
World of Warcraft and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Guitar Hero and Halo Wars
I would totally play both of those. You inspire the space marines to attack by playing a rocking guitar solo and your rouge can be a crazy Persian acrobat.

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
Fraught said:
FPS with RTS.

Basically it's impossible, because when it'd be an FPS, being in a big army (which sucks, since FPSs are better if you're the lone hero) doesn't make it an RTS.

RPG FPS is alot like what Fallout 3 have done already.
FPS RTS would be interesting, because you can zoom into the view of a particular unit and play as that unit as you see fit.
RPG + RTS have already been done to some extent by Dawn of War II and the latest Age of Empires.