Game Grumps

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
I sit on my throne, stroke my big bone, walkin' in a Winter Wonderland!
Okay so I've recently seen the large amount of Grump fans on Escapist and I thought 'hey why not make a thread that'll be denadaden about the Game Grumps' SO NOW I DID.
Okay. Talk about the Grumps below, your favorite jokes, episodes, or series that they've played.
If you don't know who the Grumps are what the fuck is wrong with you : Game Grumps is a collab thing between Arin Hanson (aka Egoraptor) and Jon Jafari (Aka JonTron)and the mysterious Barry (who may or may not exist) where they sit around, play games and do not grump around, unless they are playing Sonic '06.
Also, it has been discovered in the events of Game Grumps that Jon is okay with underage, twins, and related, and Arin is a suicidal murderer.
On an off-topic note THANKS SHINGLES.INFO.COM FOR MAKING ME PARANOID

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
This seems like more of a user group thing looking at the amount of posts this thread has >.>

Maybe consider making one since I can't locate one on the escapist.

OT: The two mario party let's plays and sonic 06 are my favourite at the moment. Especially sonic 06. I played that when I was younger and I didn't understand games being bad back then so its interesting seeing it again now when I understand games and just how wrong sonic 06 is. Also the spagetti joke in mario party 2 >.<

At 8:27. It felt like my ear was being molested.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I don't LOVE Gamegrumps, but I do enjoy watching it once in awhile. I do really like Jon and Arin. Jontron is one of my favorite people on youtube.

One of my favorite things to do with the show is what the animations made by fans, some of them are really great. Here is one of my favorites!

ALSO

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
At the snowboarding part of the Sonic 06 let's play, I literally paused the video and laughed for 20 minutes when he turned around and went uphill.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Been watching the series since day one. It's something to look forward to after a long day at work. There's been lots of great Grump moments, but my favorites so far are as follows:

-Sonic '06: the snowboarding segment. Also, Arin's meltdown at the volcano level("WHAT IS THIS?!")

-NBA Jam: the ending ("BROKE THE BACKBOARD!!!" *Screaming*)

-Adventures in the Magic Kingdom: the ending ("Cillerenda")

-Zombies Ate My Neighbors: Arin nearly keeling over from laughter.

-Family Feud: game translates "C D Player" into "Model Car" ("wwwwwwWWWWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAT?!")

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I personally prefer his Jontron show....I prefer structure and get bored watching orth people dick around and have fun

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Game Grumps reminds me of Two Best Friends Play, only they play the game a lot more and are consistant with it.

Props to the two they made me laugh through most of the let's plays

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
When jon was playing mario party 8 hes all like

"hey arin you know how you know its a fantasy realm"

arin:"how?"

Jon:"when a woman is the biggest tycoon in towwwnnnn"

I fucking cracked!:D I love incorrect humor like that and jon doesnt give a fuck he was like "I BET THAT OFFENDED SOMEBODY!!!"LMAO

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I don't usually enjoy Let's Plays, but hearing Egoraptor employ his 'Awesome' voices in a seemingly natural environment is brilliant. Jon brings the joy of music and his awesome belly laugh to the show.

Both Kirby series have been my favourite so far. I can't be the only one who thinks Arin sounds a bit like Spoony sometimes...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Their Olsen Twins LP was fucking gold, especially when they started arguing about the man made river.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I find it really weird how it seems to be spreading across the internet. A pandemic where other lets play groups that seem pretty self contained are suddenly making Grump references and jokes and even ending some of their videos like thy do. XD

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
I don't LOVE Gamegrumps, but I do enjoy watching it once in awhile. I do really like Jon and Arin. Jontron is one of my favorite people on youtube.

One of my favorite things to do with the show is what the animations made by fans, some of them are really great. Here is one of my favorites!

ALSO
Thank you for showing me that it was great.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I have watched a few episodes of the Sonic '06 series, but I haven't continued any further with it because, as someone who has 100% completed Sonic '06, I'm prone to almost Vietnam-esque flashbacks whenever I watch it XD

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Oh I love the goof troop playthrough. had me in tears laughing by the end.