Game Lets You Kill Bin Laden Again and Again (and Again...)

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I'm afraid hes got a long way to go to break the records that have been set by dead germans in all the WW2 games over the years. But I'm sure there's an achievement addict out there someone who will try for it.

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
Why does it look like Virtua Fighter?

I mean if it realistically was a hand-to-hand final fight between Bin Laden and one soldier... I guess it works. (Oh wait that's not this game).

But yeah, some people just like the publicity, maybe? I'm sure we'll hear more about this.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I think I am already tired of the after fanfare to Osama's demise. It's bad enough that Obama is going to ride on this into the election, shoving it in our face that Osama died during his presidency.
It is time to move on.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Jonny49 said:
allistairp said:
However, this isn't the first time players have been able to dish out some patriotic rage on the renowned terrorist. 2002 PlayStation 2 title Fugitive Hunter: War on Terror let players take down Osama via hand-to-hand combat.
I remember that game, I think it was called America's Ten Most Wanted or something like that over here.

Played it a friends house, and it was utter shite.
Correct on both counts.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Puzzlenaut said:
qbanknight said:
Poor taste to make something about a man's death in war? You mean the poor taste in making military shooters year after year loosely based off historical events?
no, poor taste to make a game of a man's death before his body has even gone cold.
Too late for that, his body swims with the fishes in freezing cold water, so technically he's ice cold

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Oh so tasteless. Time to go back to killing Nazis and Russians. What? It's OK because time has passed!

In all seriousness, my thoughts can be summed up like this: he was a bastard, I still support free expression, it's a bit tasteless to do this after such a recent death but Michael Jackson was still being disrespected earlier than him (we were still cracking jokes before he was even buried, and then we got to watch a legal death match over who walked away with his stuff), and I'm all for media that blasts the image of someone who guided an operation that indiscriminately massacred just under 3000 people in the space of a few hours rather than letting his death turn him into a martyr.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Not tasteless at all, the guy ordered direct attacks on thousands of innocent civilians, he did not deserve any sort of human dignity.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
kurupt87 said:
That Highschool Massacre mod is funnier than this...
No it's not.

OT:
I chalk this up to the idea of killing Hitler or any other historical mass murder (whether the official story of how he went out is true or not), the only thing contraversial about it is that it's current history.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Meh. It's a game. Who cares if it disrespects a dead man? Let's be honest, this is a man who gloated over the deaths of innocent people. This is a man who believes he is going to Heaven. Well, he's the one that has to explain to his suicide bombers where their virgins are.

In all seriousness, let them make it. If it was pushed in front of me, I would play it. If I played a game where I was the villain, I would shoot the shit out of me. If the game was totally photorealistic and focussed on every minute of my, or ibn Laden's death, maybe then I would be concerned. But, this is totally fine.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
/sarcasm/
this is so disgusting. what barbaric people. I'm kinda sure that Martin Luther King said something about not hating or something once, I'm not sure. but yeah, what barbarians. we should get rid of all of these games. and Wolfenstein? what offensive filth. it lets you KILL Adolf Hitler! and then you beat the game! you are REWARDED for causing the death of another HUMAN BEING. how sick can people get? Americans need to get over it, 9/11 wasn't THAT big a deal and Bin Laden was actually a very peaceful, spiritual, well-spoken man. now if you'll excuse me, I need to ride my high horse back to my golden fucking castle of purity and moral goodness. good day, you horrible barbarians.
/sarcasm/

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Blade Chunk said:
People made something that offends...

You give it free press.

They win.

Bravo.
I never quite get posts like this. I mean, it's his job to post news, and that's what he did.

And then you went ahead and bumped it anyway, rather hypocritical.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Sober Thal said:
I'm sure many many more games like this will sprout up. So far none are as entertaining as the Mario Bros. one.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109851-French-TV-Show-Creates-Bin-Laden-Mario-Parody
THERE'S a game I would buy!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Oh great, another offensive game for Fox to ***** about, until June at least...

Actually, i just hope the inevitable emails to the BBC about this get ignored.

michaelknives52

Mar 12, 2011
If duke nukem did it the media says its horrible if bin laden is killed in a game violently the media says kids should play this game over and over again ^_^ I got to see what the people at fox have to say about this... rejoicing over one mans death id retarded I doubt a terrorist organization consisting of cells is really severel effected by this. The real master minds may be hiding in plain sight :cough china: or aren't really known. This guy was just a spokes person... they can always hire a new guy and wait until this guys kids grow up and seek revenge after seeing people rejoice over their fathers death. The cycle continues and you can have the most powerful force in the. It only takes on nuke to screw up our nation. Columbian drug cartels smuggle drugs in the country everyday how hard would it really be to smuggle a device purchased from pakistan or the chinese over. They may have the terrorist do their dirty work for them...

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
qbanknight said:
Puzzlenaut said:
qbanknight said:
Poor taste to make something about a man's death in war? You mean the poor taste in making military shooters year after year loosely based off historical events?
no, poor taste to make a game of a man's death before his body has even gone cold.
Too late for that, his body swims with the fishes in freezing cold water, so technically he's ice cold
its almost as if I was using an expression.... >.>

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Not tasteless at all, the guy ordered direct attacks on thousands of innocent civilians, he did not deserve any sort of human dignity.
I like this post and would like to offer compliments to the chef :)

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Puzzlenaut said:
qbanknight said:
Puzzlenaut said:
qbanknight said:
its almost as if I was using an expression.... >.>
it's almost as if I was just screwing with your expression :p