Game of Thrones Abridged: "Breaker of Chains" - Thenns Hate Potatoes

Matt Lees

Mar 10, 2014
"Breaker of Chains" - Thenns Hate Potatoes

This week, The Lannisters mourn the loss of their favorite family member, the Wildings go all psycho on some poor villagers, and Daenerys gives away free belt samples!

Watch Video

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
For some reason, I now feel the need to have an endearing conversation about potatoes with my own father before he is killed and eaten by cannibalistic barbarians.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
Potatoes, piss, and slave collars....that should have been the title of the episode.
"Dickhead in the wind" would've also worked.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yup that how I feel and reacted to Jamie during that scene (wh ydid they changed that bit in the book) and also the real genuine leather with Uh ohh! made me laugh the most in today episode!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That actually got a nice couple of laughs from me, good job!

And that Daenerys impression was disturbly accurate.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Urh said:
Deathfish15 said:
Potatoes, piss, and slave collars....that should have been the title of the episode.
"Dickhead in the wind" would've also worked.
And rape. Don't forget the rape. Because Jamie was totally turning into a cool guy up until this point.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Still don't think this series is amounting to much. I hope it improves; the jokes fall a bit flat and the whole "It's funny because of voices" is getting a bit old.

I wish he'd go back to abridging E4 and such.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Anyone who says this isn't funny obviously watches or has read the books because I couldn't make myself go past the third book it was just too silly at that point to me and I don't watch the show at all so I think these are fantastic - not only to a chuckle but I also get to pretend to all the people who really watch this that I know what's going on so they don't try to convert me into one of them. Seriously - people who are deeply into any series are worse than door to door bible folk trying to get you to sign on to their cultish ways.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Mylinkay Asdara said:
Anyone who says this isn't funny obviously watches or has read the books because I couldn't make myself go past the third book it was just too silly at that point to me and I don't watch the show at all so I think these are fantastic - not only to a chuckle but I also get to pretend to all the people who really watch this that I know what's going on so they don't try to convert me into one of them. Seriously - people who are deeply into any series are worse than door to door bible folk trying to get you to sign on to their cultish ways.
pls comma

PLS

OT:
I giggled at the very end :p Genuine leather is probably hard to come by near so many deserts.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
that one made me laugh, and i liked the break from characters to voice legitimate complaints. i think a combination of the two work quite nicely together, and saves the series from being entirely just *insert silly voice here*. not saying i didn't enjoy the others, but this ep was one of the best IMO

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Wait, does Matt just carry several belts with him at all times?

"Gee, I can't see to get these pants to stay up!"
"MATT LEES TO THE THE RESCUE!"

*coconuts clopping*

Alex Laird

Sep 6, 2013
Thanks god, I thought I was the only one who noticed Littlefinger's weird Irish/Cornish/Pirate accent on the boat!

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Alex Laird said:
Thanks god, I thought I was the only one who noticed Littlefinger's weird Irish/Cornish/Pirate accent on the boat!
Yeah, this bit had me laughing my ass off, because at that point in the episode I was REALLY trying to not laugh at his ridiculous, out-of-nowhere accent. Right after that part of the episode, one of my friends asked if that was supposed to be some sort of twist about Littlefinger's background and I lost it.

Christer Jonsson

Jul 30, 2013
Lil_Rimmy said:
Wait, does Matt just carry several belts with him at all times?

"Gee, I can't see to get these pants to stay up!"
"MATT LEES TO THE THE RESCUE!"

*coconuts clopping*
Preparing for a Tyranid invasion.