Game of Thrones Abridged: Game of Thrones Abridged - Teaser Trailer

Symbio Joe

Dec 7, 2010
rutger5000 said:
This is really really low level abridging. I've seen sailor moon abridged episodes that were done better than this. The writing is lazy, the voice acting is subpar Also won't HBO make a fuss if you put this on the escapist which is obviously trying to make a profit on it.
Give Zach Braff the benefit of a doubt will you?

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
An abridged series by Matt Lees on the escapist. As Mr Burns would say "Excellent".

umbraticus

May 4, 2011
so it's like the famous 'bad lip reading' series (and a bit of 'honest trailers') but then stolen and worse? not a fan...

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
So, is Mr. Lees going to be a fixture here? I was sorry to see him go from VideoGamer, and am glad to see him still working. The Escapist should be able to shelter him better than a YouTube-based outfit, anyway, as we all saw from the KSI debacle.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Not quite sure why people are complaining... this looks good, can't wait for this feature :)
Also, the Bad Lip Reading version was really good, but this is different, looks like it's going to be done recap style, but with funny dialog dubbed in. I like.

Oct 20, 2010
Welcome to Escapist FunTyme Land Matt! I am excited, this looks Fun.!

Also you have now replaced the Show Theme song in my Head...LOL

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Hooray its Matt Lees! I think The Escapist is making some kind of British internet-famous comedian monopoly. I approve!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Matt!
I must have missed something but this was a surprise. Good to see the Escapist getting some more content creators that I'll probably enjoy.
I never heard anything either, I was so sad when he left videogamer, but I frequent this site even more, so it made me sooo happy to see him!

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
We are amused. I hope this wont negatively affect SU&SD because that would break my poor heart. A little.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I honestly thought abridging was dead, apart from a few mainstays anyway, it's good to see a new one

Matt Lees

Mar 10, 2014
Joos said:
We are amused. I hope this wont negatively affect SU&SD because that would break my poor heart. A little.
Not at all! The other stuff I do won't be affected at all. :)

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Eh...

Honestly, didn't find this all that good. Had a couple little chuckles with some of the Night's Watch bits, but this honestly felt pretty flat to me. For me, the quick cutting of it all made it feel like a bunch of punchlines with no real set up to them. On top of that, being random doesn't equal out to being funny either. I mean, probably my favourite bit of this was the "Class of 89" Night's Watch thing, which I thought was pretty decent, up until it got to the "Now let's go talk to the random magical tree" part of it. It really just didn't work for me, which I guess could be said for the thing as a whole as well.

I'll probably check the season one episode out, and if I'm still not enjoying it stop around then. Hopefully this'll be something that I do wind up enjoying but it probably will just be one of those things that doesn't match my taste.

Regardless, best of luck to the series, and at the very least, it's still miles ahead of Mahalo's introduction and production!

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I found it quite funny actually.

Glad to see you doing videos here as well Matt! Welcome to the Escapist! :D