Game of Thrones Characters Drawn In the Style of Bob's Burgers

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Game of Thrones Characters Drawn In the Style of Bob's Burgers

It's works of art like these that truly make the Internet a magic and wonderful place.

There aren't many shows out there that have been so consistently brilliant and so woefully neglected (except for here on the Internet, where the truly cultured lie) as Bob's Burgers has been in their five years on FOX. Arrested Development, maybe. From the series' very first episode, which saw the Belcher clan accused of mixing human flesh into their burgers, to last season's water-balloon-warfare-fueled finale, "The Oeder Games," Bob's Burgers has put out hilarious, rewatchable, and a third positive adjective episodes week after week.

Atop the mountain of greasy fried excellence that is Bob's Burgers, however, sits "The Gayle Tales," [http://bobs-burgers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gayle_Tales] a Game of Thrones-inspired, vignette-style episode from last season and one of Bob's finest half-hours.

Ever since the episode aired back in March, that very same Internet which I mentioned earlier has practically been foaming at the mouth for some kind of Bob's Burgers-GoT crossover. Foaming, I tell you! And while time will only tell if such a glorious event will ever come to fruition, Imgur user CarlosDanger101 [http://imgur.com/user/CarlosDanger101] has taken us halfway there, recreating nearly every last member of The Known World in the style of Bob's.

[gallery=4658]

According to the man himself, it took CarlosDanger a solid month to complete all of this, but that seems like a small price to pay for Internet glory, IMO.

Source: A.V. Club [http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-characters-redrawn-bobs-burgers-style-224854?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds]

cjspyres

Oct 12, 2011
If I were to have seen these drawings without being told they were supposed to be in the style of Bob's Burgers, I would have never known that they were suppose to be. I don't think they replicated the style very well. Except for Varys. He looks the part.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
That is a terrible art style to draw anything on, and worse, it isnt even well made here.

I guess I can admire how the person that did this didnt stop after the first character and think "You know what? Maybe not yet"

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
doesn't really beat the bob's burgers style game of thrones characters introduced in Bob's burgers itself. XD

Anyone else remember Bobdor? Or the Mortain? good times, those were.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
josemlopes said:
That is a terrible art style to draw anything on, and worse, it isnt even well made here.
Can't argue with you there. I put off watching bob's burgers for YEARS because the art style just seemed so godawful. I wound up loving it when I finally watched it, but still, no denying it's not a fun style to see used for.. well.. anything.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Each and every one of these drawings is terrible, and the artist that drew them should feel terrible. Honestly, JaredJones if you want some good fan art of "Game of Thrones" or whatever, why don't you google some actually good artwork. Hell, I can do better work than this garbage, and that's if I'm half asleep. Escapist mods, please remove this filth masquerading as art from your site.

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
Can't believe this got an article... I mean yeah sure got to admire he did the whole cast.
It'd be worth a look if he did it well but this is just... so bad.
I can see what he's trying but (in my opinion) it just utterly fails and Bob's Burgers style really isn't that hard.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I am with the rest of the folk here.
Misses the artstyle completely, while it is a simple one, and I don't like saying this but it seems to be done in Paint.
B+ for effort I guess.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Good God in Heaven, those pictures are ugly, and the fact that ANOTHER "bad artist draws things except not like they're supposed to be" article is here, stinking up the site just stings.

Tragedy's Rebellion

Feb 21, 2010
Yeap, terrible. I have no idea why you guys even keep posting stuff like this, this isn't considered "news" in the best of days. Stop demeaning gaming journalism, or even journalism in general, with these kinds of posts. I'm not trying to be mean, I just think that posting these inconsequential pieces of nothingness is not professional.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
I'm going to respectfully disagree with all the negativity. I think the art is silly, fun and comically mocking. House Martell is spot on for showing grumpy and jealous versions of the characters. Drogo is my favorite with the bright colors. If the full picture with the white walker was a poster, I'd get it. It's stupid and awesome at the same time.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
This is legitimately one of the most hideous things I've looked at in a while. He should be slapped and shamed and assaulting us with this abomination.

cjspyres

Oct 12, 2011
Jesus guys. I mean yeah, it doesn't look good, but that's not a reason to be mean. It's one thing to say, "Oh yeah, this wasn't done very well" and another to completely insult the artist.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
cjspyres said:
Jesus guys. I mean yeah, it doesn't look good, but that's not a reason to be mean. It's one thing to say, "Oh yeah, this wasn't done very well" and another to completely insult the artist.
As the old saying goes "everyone's a critic".

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
cjspyres said:
As everything goes, one gets better with practice and its his fault if he is inpatient enough to just go ahead and do it even if its still so far from his reach.

Usually one tries to nail his shit before committing himself to something big.

Now that he finished the thing he gets the critique of it.

This isnt about him sucking and quitting, its about doing stuff he is yet not prepared and getting a bad result out of it. He will get better and then he should have done it. I'm not going to say he did a good job and outright lie, thats bad even for him and his perception of his skills.

cjspyres

Oct 12, 2011
josemlopes said:
cjspyres said:
As everything goes, one gets better with practice and its his fault if he is inpatient enough to just go ahead and do it even if its still so far from his reach.

Usually one tries to nail his shit before committing himself to something big.

Now that he finished the thing he gets the critique of it.

This isnt about him sucking and quitting, its about doing stuff he is yet not prepared and getting a bad result out of it. He will get better and then he should have done it. I'm not going to say he did a good job and outright lie, thats bad even for him and his perception of his skills.
Well, to be fair, he didn't exactly submit this to be put on the Escapist. It seems more like Jared was browsing around the internet, saw it, and thought it looked cool. I may be wrong though.