Game of Thrones Season 4 Ep 7 "Mockingbird": The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
Zombie Badger said:
The people directing this show are officially just fucking with the half of the audience who aren't into women right now. They get to the point in the Daenerys/Daario scene at which they would have cut to s full-frontal shot had he been a woman but nope, they smash cut to a randomly naked woman just to say 'Fuck you, buddy!'
Penises on camera seem to be extra-taboo for some reason, although we did get a couple of long range shots during the first season (the guy who tries to poison Dany T and sexy, sexy Hodor, who said his was prosthetic anyway).

What's been bugging me, as a book reader, is why did they change Daarios? The other Daario was so much better cast for the flamboyant, hyper-cocky warrior Martin described, whereas the new one is just so... normal. I spoke to someone about it today who watches every episode and didn't even click that it was the same person. This Daario just isn't exceptional enough to catch Dany's attention, we know she has a weakness for big bad beefcake.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Branindain said:
Zombie Badger said:
What's been bugging me, as a book reader, is why did they change Daarios? The other Daario was so much better cast for the flamboyant, hyper-cocky warrior Martin described, whereas the new one is just so... normal. I spoke to someone about it today who watches every episode and didn't even click that it was the same person. This Daario just isn't exceptional enough to catch Dany's attention, we know she has a weakness for big bad beefcake.
They changed Daarios because the first actor they cast got himself cast as the lead in the upcoming "transporter" prequel trilogy (seriously, the "transporter" movies draw a big enough audience that they can green light an entire trilogy in advance? XD) and wanted out of GoT.

I don't so much mind recasting, since it couldn't be helped, but I wish they'd gone for a different look. Game of Thrones is kind of overfull of dark-haired, bearded men.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Qvar said:
Zombie Badger said:
The people directing this show are officially just fucking with the half of the audience who aren't into women right now. They get to the point in the Daenerys/Daario scene at which they would have cut to s full-frontal shot had he been a woman but nope, they smash cut to a randomly naked woman just to say 'Fuck you, buddy!'
To be fair you got that blonde guy the previous episode.
Could you remind me?