Game of Thrones - Well, Stannis fans, what do you think of him NOW? (Spoilers)

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Also, everyone has forgotten what Davos is doing in the books or what?
Being dead?

Too bad they killed Stannis off like that
Like a man who had lost everything, he seemed like that at least. The only problem I had was that the show made him out to be a total ididot.

The books at least until the part I am at (half way through Dances with Dragons) make him seem like a person who listens to reason, listens to advice and is willing to follow it. The Stannis in the books wouldn't go marching on Winterfell with an army half it's size, with no siege weapons and no horse to support and he certainly wouldn't do it after the chick who had been giving him advice had suddenly decided to fuck off before his army actually marched on Winterfell.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
DanteRL said:
It just ocurred me... What if they burn Jon Snow's body?? The Targaryen theory would finally be put at test...
We already know for certain that Targaryens aren't immune to fire [http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/449541.page?userfilterid=33891]. Which puts Jon in some additional danger, alas.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Davos Seaworth, what you may not be aware of is that I am around half way through Dance with Dragon 1. The last thing I read was Davos trying to get the lord of White Harbour to join Stannises cause. The chapter I read ends with Lord Manderly ordering that Davos be taken away and executed as a smuggler and thief and that his head be presented to him with an onion between his teeth before he sups.

Also I am also pretty sure that in Feast Of Crows Cersei is informed that Lord Manderly has given audience to Davos and pretty much orders the council to inform him that he should remove his head to win the favour of the Iron Throne. Now I may be wrong here but I am sure that later on in the book she is presented with what is claimed to be his head.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Laughing Man said:
Davos Seaworth, what you may not be aware of is that I am around half way through Dance with Dragon 1. The last thing I read was Davos trying to get the lord of White Harbour to join Stannises cause. The chapter I read ends with Lord Manderly ordering that Davos be taken away and executed as a smuggler and thief and that his head be presented to him with an onion between his teeth before he sups.

Also I am also pretty sure that in Feast Of Crows Cersei is informed that Lord Manderly has given audience to Davos and pretty much orders the council to inform him that he should remove his head to win the favour of the Iron Throne. Now I may be wrong here but I am sure that later on in the book she is presented with what is claimed to be his head.
Sure sounds like Davos is in trouble! You should keep reading.