Game OSTs that defined your childhood

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Secret Mana's soundtrack.
Just listening to the start screen played what is probably the best, yet most simple intro for a game ever.

Just as a side note, yes that is shockingly high quality sound for a 16-bit system (though there is a reason for that).

Then it was topped with Chrono Trigger's, which is probably one of the best titles for a game ever devised; the theme is set, and you're introduced to what is likely to happen.

Too many games rely on what I call "Generic Movie Trailer" appeal. God-Choirs and Hans Zimmer knockoffs. They try to appear epic without actually BEING epic.

ToxinArrow

Jun 13, 2009
The first Command and Conquer, Total Annihilation, Jet Force Gemini, Halo, too many to list really....

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
Pretty much just all of this. I still actively listen to those songs and various remixes of them, anything I can get my hands on really. Runners-up would include Link to the Past and any DK soundtrack.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Mario N64 - Metal and Flight hats tunes
DK N64 - DK Rap (lol it was good at the time)
FFVII - Battle win tune and some of the classical.
Full Throttle - Desert Canyon tune, offices tune.
Mischief Makers - opening tune
I have loads...

Dec 14, 2009
hurfdurp said:
Pretty much just all of this. I still actively listen to those songs and various remixes of them, anything I can get my hands on really. Runners-up would include Link to the Past and any DK soundtrack.

Oh wow, watching that video made me remember just how slow that game was.

VargRaev

May 13, 2009
Brings back memories...

Also, did you know that Ost is the danish word for cheese?

Dasrufken

Dec 1, 2010
battlefield vietnam OST made me interested in history and rock music... If it wasn't for BfV i would've been one of those bieber loving asshats.

Dec 14, 2009
VargRaev said:
Brings back memories...

Also, did you know that Ost is the danish word for cheese?
Arghh! The nostaligia! It burns!

This is an instance of not actually being able to remember the music, but as soon as it started, I was humming along. Memory is weird like that.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
<youtube=8fOkqKKRSD0>

Always makes me feel calm and relaxed. Ahh, long days of sitting on the couch fighting Lance to get my Eevee team to level 50.

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
I really had a thing for "Simple and Clean" back when that game was released. Still a good song, as was "Sanctuary".