Game Over, Man: Broforce Fights Aliens In All-New Update

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Game Over, Man: Broforce Fights Aliens In All-New Update

Broforce's explosive Vietnam Rescue mission just got infected by an Aliens parody campaign.

Looking for a critically-acclaimed early access game that matches your love of 80s action movies? <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125444-Broforce-Unites-80s-Action-Bros-In-2D-Side-scrolling-Broship>Broforce will absolutely scratch that itch - or more appropriately, blow it up with rocket launchers in the name of freedom. Few games have made fast-paced action so difficult, satisfying, and hilarious at the exact same time, but now developer Free Lives is upping the ante. Having covered the Vietnam Rescue genre at length, Broforce will now parody <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/aliens>a familiar sci-fi action film with its "Alien Infestation Update". Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Once you've beaten the "Kazakhstan" section of Broforce's World Campaign, you'll find that Central Vietnam is infested with a new "Ultra Violet" threat level. Accessing this mission takes you to levels filled with new alien threats, including Facehuggers, Xenomorph Hordes, and giant Sandworm boss creatures. The Alien Infestation update comes with all-new game mechanics as well: Portions of walls are coated in spike traps while the Facehuggers will keep you alive with deadly eggs in your chest. If you're playing multiplayer, that means infected bros could become a serious problem down the line. "Game Over, Man" indeed.

What's more, the Alien Infestation campaign will receive new content just like the rest of Broforce. The complete list of features isn't available just yet, but Free Lives did provide a screenshot of a massive Queen that fills your entire monitor. So if you already love Broforce, or want to experience Aliens in 2D, this new update is absolutely worth the download.

[gallery=3820]

Source: <a href=http://steamcommunity.com/games/274190/announcements/detail/160212332502980037>Steam Community

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Like I needed an excuse to reinstall this little gem after my recent hardware upgrade.

This sounds fantastic. Can't wait to try it.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Love this game. It's amazingly hilarious in co-op too which is a bonus. Glad they are still throwing out updates.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Game looks pretty fun...

But you know, the "Game Over, Man" headlines need to be retired... :(
Of course nothing personal, but oh man, every time an Alien related story breaks, nearly every site on the web uses this quote.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I fucking love this game. One of the best local co-op games on Steam right now.

BronanTheBrobarian4lyfe

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Fappy said:

BronanTheBrobarian4lyfe
Psh. Screw that noise. TimeBroDaBest.

Also: I can confirm that the new Alien themed levels are FANTASTIC. I was grinning ear to ear the first time I saw a Mook, only seconds after being pounced upon by a Face-hugger, burst into a shower of gibs, giving birth to a fresh, new Xenomorph. Of whom, of course, immediately made mince-meat of the other nearby Mook.

It was also pretty neat to see the acid blood from the slain Xenos actually destroy a few of the blocks it sprayed onto. It's little things like that that show how important attention to detail is for Free Lives.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Vigormortis said:
Fappy said:

BronanTheBrobarian4lyfe
Psh. Screw that noise. TimeBroDaBest.

Also: I can confirm that the new Alien themed levels are FANTASTIC. I was grinning ear to ear the first time I saw a Mook, only seconds after being pounced upon by a Face-hugger, burst into a shower of gibs, giving birth to a fresh, new Xenomorph. Of whom, of course, immediately made mince-meat of the other nearby Mook.

It was also pretty neat to see the acid blood from the slain Xenos actually destroy a few of the blocks it sprayed onto. It's little things like that that show how important attention to detail is for Free Lives.
TimeBro is insanely OP. He's so OP we actually ban him whenever we play versus. He is that much better than every other character.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I just hope they don't get sued over this...

Also I like MacBrover, those delayed explosions are just sheer hilarity.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Fappy said:
TimeBro is insanely OP. He's so OP we actually ban him whenever we play versus. He is that much better than every other character.
Precisely why he's "DaBest". ;)

Though, I have to admit, I'm quite liking the new Double Bro Seven character. His specials are just marvelous.

I mean, come on....one lets him kill someone with a martini glass. A MARTINI GLASS.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Eiv said:
Glad they are still throwing out updates.
This leaves me confused. Unless Steam is lying to me, Broforce is an Early Access game. Therefore, surely they should still be adding stuff to the game, seeing as it's not actually complete and 'released' yet. It's not 'updates' as much as 'finishing the product'.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Megalodon said:
Eiv said:
This leaves me confused. Unless Steam is lying to me, Broforce is an Early Access game. Therefore, surely they should still be adding stuff to the game, seeing as it's not actually complete and 'released' yet. It's not 'updates' as much as 'finishing the product'.
I think it's due to the product feeling amazingly fleshed out. The game itself is nigh on bug free and full of content.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Eiv said:
Megalodon said:
Eiv said:
I think it's due to the product feeling amazingly fleshed out. The game itself is nigh on bug free and full of content.
Fair enough, it looks like just the sort of game I'd be interested in. However, I think this Early Access concept is bollocks and so will not drop cash on such products. But I will be keeping an eye out for when the the devs decides it's 'ready'.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Eiv said:
Love this game. It's amazingly hilarious in co-op too which is a bonus. Glad they are still throwing out updates.
Coop is half the point imo. Being able to rescue your fellow bro, OR blow up the shit he's standing on. Fantastic game freedom/10.

Only thing I hope is that they fix the netcode a bit. Any more than 2 player tends to mess things up.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
KDR_11k said:
I just hope they don't get sued over this...

Also I like MacBrover, those delayed explosions are just sheer hilarity.
It's a parody and thus protected under fair use.

Ok this game had my attention before but now it's got itself a sale, which direction do I throw my wallet?